June 1st, 1988

It was a peaceful day in the forest of Forks. There was a soft breeze and the sun shone through the canopy of the trees.

The birds were singing as the forest animals frolicked. The forest was happy.

Why was it happy? Because a Fae was born. 

The baby girl's eyes bounced around, looking at anything that moved. She giggled as a butterfly landed on her nose.

A cloud covered the sun blocking the light and the warmth that came with it. The cool breeze that was relaxing now chilled the young fae.

She whimpered, wanting the warmth back but nothing happened. She soon began crying, loudly.

oooOOOooo

Rosalie walked slowly through the forest in search of her next meal. Her skin sparkled as the sun shone on her.

She suddenly stopped and crouched lower to the ground as a dear walked in front of her. She was about to pounce when she a cry echoed through the forest.

She turned to the direction of the crying and superspeed to the source. What she found was a baby. A beautiful baby surrounded by Hyacinths.

Rose smiled and crouched down to the distressed girl. She softly caressed the baby's cheek, making the baby's cry soften. She opened her watery eyes.

Rosalie's smile grew even bigger as she stared at the girl's forest-green eyes. She carefully picked up the young fae and cradled her to her chest.

The baby's cries stopped altogether as she metes Rosalie's eyes. She giggled lightly as Rosalie made a face at her.

"Hello." Rosalie said in a quiet voice. "Where did you come from?"

Rose looked around for anyone but was only met with nature. A soft breeze blew past them as the girl's scent met Rose's nose.

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. She didn't smell human. She didn't smell like anything she's met before. She smelt almost pure and magical.

"You don't smell human." Rosalie said. "Maybe Carlisle will know what you are."

oooOOOooo

"Are you out of your mind?" Edward asked. Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, and Esme cooed at the baby in Rosalie's arms. Edward and Jasper stood on the other side of the room, avoiding the child. "How could you steal a child?"

"I didn't steal her." Rose said. "I found her in the woods. She was all alone."

Edward scoffed. "Do you know how dangerous this is? To bring a HUMAN child into a house of vampires."

"She doesn't smell human." Emmett said.

"Are you sure?" Jasper asked, wary of the baby. Alice walked over to her mate and took his hand. She guided him over to the baby and Jasper relaxed smelling the strange but not human scent.

"He looks funny." she thought. Edward laughed quietly but it did not go unnoticed by Rose.

"What'd she think?" Rose asked. Edward walked closer getting a better look at the girl.

"She thinks that Jasper looks funny." The vampires laughed except for Jasper who gave the girl a playful glare.

"Do you think I can keep her?" Rose asked looking at Esme.

"Maybe but as long as she'll be safe with us." Esme said. Rosalie smiled and looked back at the baby. "What will you name her?"

"Hyacinth, Hyacinth Cullen."

oooOOOooo

Carlisle had finally come home and Rose was the first to greet him. "Hello, Carlisle."

"Hello, Rosalie. Is something wrong?" He asks. Rosalie was about to answer when Hyacinth let out a cry. "Was that a baby?"

Rosalie sped off into the living room and took the baby from a distressed Edward. She carefully bounced her and she quieted down.

Carlisle walked into the living room instantly smelling the baby. "Is that a fae?"

All the others looked at him confused. "A what?" Emmett asked.

Carlisle walked over to Rosalie. "May I?" Rosalie carefully handed him Hyacinth. "A Fae, or Pure One, is a creature born of magic. They are the most powerful species known. They have several gifts and people search for them to ask for blessings." Carlisle explained.

"So that's why we're not tempted by her blood." Jasper concluded.

Carlisle shakes his head. "Drinking the blood of a Pure One is against the peace treaty between our species, it is also a great crime and you would die instantly as a punishment."

"So I can keep her?" Rose asked hopefully.

Carlisle smiled, handing Hyacinth back to Rose. "Yes, you can keep her."

Rosalie smiled and held the baby closer to her. "Thank you." Hyacinth giggled looking up at her new mother.