Chapter 1

Hyacinth sat at her bay window listening to the trees. They were excited. Something interesting was going to happen today and that made Hyacinth excited.

"Can't you at least give me a hint?" The young fae asked. No answer. She sighed.

"Flower," Rosalie said as she entered her daughter's room. "It's time to go."

Hyacinth groaned. "I already know everything, why do I have to go to school?"

Rose laughed. "So you can experience life as a normal human."

"But I'm not a normal human, I'm the exact opposite of a human." She explained.

"You're going."

"Fine but only because something important is going to happen today." Hyacinth said, picking up her bag and walking out of the room with her mother.

"Something important? How do you know?" Rose asked. Hyacinth gave her a look. "Oh, the trees."

oooOOOooo

The Cullens stood talking in between their cars but Hyacinth stood off to the side listening to the trees talk.

"It's happening?" She asked, spiking the attention of her family.

"What's happening?" Jasper asked.

The young fae walked toward her family. "The important thing." She answered vaguely. Before they could ask more questions, they were distracted by a VERY loud old truck pulling into a parking spot. Out steps a pale girl with dark hair. "New girl."

Hyacinth went to walk toward the girl but was stopped by her mother. "You have enough friends." She says and guides Hyacinth away before she could object.

oooOOOooo

Hyacinth sat in her 4th-period class. English, her favorite. The class had yet to begin so she stared out the window.

"Ms. Swan, you can sit next to Ms. Cullen in the back." Miss. Harris said, gaining the attention of the blond.

Hyacinth watched as Bella took her seat next to her and stook out her hand. "Hyacinth Cullen."

Bella looked a little startled but shook the eager girl's hand. "Um, B-Bella Swan. Uh, Hyacinth that's an interesting name."

"Thanks my family says that I'm like the flower so it fits perfectly." She explains. "Where did you move from?"

"Arizona."

"Really, I've always wanted to live someplace sunny." Hyacinth replied.

Bella let out a breathy laugh. "Too bad you live in Forks."

"It's not that bad. There's a lot of nature here. It's beautiful." The fae said, looking back out the window.

Bella looked out the window. "I guess it is."

oooOOOooo

"I met the new girl," Hyacinth told her father. "She's a little shy but I can tell that we'll be great friends."

Emmett smiled. "That's great sweetheart."

"Don't tell mom."

"Don't tell mom what?" Rosalie asked as she hand a tray to Emmett and Hyacinth.

"Nothing." The father-daughter duo said at the same time.

Before Rosalie could say anything the rest of their family walked up to them. "Let's go, I can hear them talking about us to the new kid." Alice said.