chapter 42

January 2, 1998 (monday)
THEO POV

"Can you just stay?" Ry groaned, not even picking up her head. She was laying against my front half, me spooning her. I didn't want to let her go either.

"I wish. But then we'd both be dead."

"Maybe that'd be easier..." Ry mumbled, scooting closer to me. "I have to get up and get ready. I'm supposed to be at the platform in an hour."

Ry huffed and got up, leaving me in the bed.

We both got ready, slowly moving around. I packed everything I needed yesterday so I'd have more time this morning to say goodbye.

***

"Thanks for letting me stay, even with everything." I said to Tom, shaking his hand.

"Anytime. As long as you don't fuck up." Tom responded, making Ry and Mattheo laugh a little.

Merlin, they really do act the same. Both of them held their mouths, giving each other the same look and the same smile. They don't stand directly next to each other that often.

"It's nice seeing you again. Really anyone." Mattheo started, saying his goodbyes.

Now for Ry. The worst goodbye of this whole shit show.

"I'll see you soon, ok? We made it this long, we'll make it again." I told her, maybe telling myself more.

"I know. I just don't want you to go." Ry looked like she was going to cry.

If she cries, I'll cry.

Fuck.

"Me neither. I'll still write all the time. And I won't believe shit I hear about you unless you tell me this time."

She smiled at my last comment. "Good. I might kill you otherwise."

We kissed and hugged, making her brother's cringe. "I love you. I'll see you soon." Ry said, hugging me again. "Yeah, see you soon. I love you too."

That was it. I took a handful of floo powder and walked into the channel. To the platform.

***

I got on the train and searched for my compartment. Laney and Blaise had to be here already.

Ry gave me a letter for Laney this morning and told me to make sure she reads it. I'm surprised she's finally writing to her. I figured she never would.

I found the compartment and sat down next to Enzo, across from Laney.

"How was your break, now that you're finally here?" She asked, cutting off her conversation with the other guys. "It was good." A smile crept across my lips as I thought of it all.

"What has you all cheeky?" Blaise asked, chuckling at his observation.

They'll know I saw her when I give the letter anyways. Ry even told me it's better to just say it instead of lying any more than we already have to.

"I spent it with Ry so probably that." Enzo shot a look at me and I gave him a look of calmness back.

I know what I'm doing, idiot.

"What! You saw Ry?" Laney screamed and almost jumped out of her seat.

"Yeah, and the other Riddles." Laney looked furious.

She's going to kill me.

This reminds me to start locking my door extra again... And watch my back.