Chapter 51

Media requested by __LittleStar__02
❤️❤️❤️

SAANCHI

Nishchay was standing there with a Sikh turban along with a bunch of guys who were playing Dhol while Aayat and Kyra were dancing around him. I was confused and wondering what was happening???

I saw my family standing around cheering them.

Oh Baari Barsi Khatan Gayasi
Katke liyeandiya Chabbi!!!
Oh je tu Haan karde...
Vyahke lejau Babyyyyyyy!!!

(12 years have passed and when I came back I got you a key!!! Just say a yes and  take you along with me baby!!!)

And the Dhol kept blasting while I practically cringed at the mediocre mix of his epic way of screwing up the famous Punjabi Tappe. I rolled my eyes but they kept beating the loud Dhol but what shocked me was Bela Nani coming along with Siya Bapama (grandmother).

What the hell??? Weren't they not going to come and then I see mom along with them.

'Go quickly have a bath... we will be waiting for you and wear this!!!'

I am shocked seeing a bag in their hands. I don't think much and take the bag along.

I take a quick shower and wear the yellow Kanjivaram saree with a pair of traditional GSB jewellery. I wonder why mom gave me such a heavy saree. Come on. I mean Aayat is turning 6. It's not like she's getting married. I wear the saree and walk downstairs as I'm shocked to see everyone applying Mehndi on each other's hands. There are still the men playing Dhol and Nishchay and Aahir are playing along with Kyra and Aayat. When did they become friends???

'There she is!!!' saying my Siya Bapama came towards me and kissed my forehead and took me along.

I wonder what was happening and they make me sit on a seat infront of Nishchay. We are in two different corners of a room and I'm not really understanding what is happening when mom starts applying Haldi (turmeric) paste on my face. That's when I notice Nishchay's face was also marked with that paste. I was confused.

'Will somebody tell me what is happening here?' I ask my mom and Neiyat replies instead...

'Wellllll...we are applying Jhooti Haldi (used turmeric) on your face. It's the ritual you see' she says and I narrow my eyebrows

'What Jhooti Hal-' and then it strikes me. I see my father, my grandfather, Aahir applying Haldi one after other to Nishchay and then to me and that's when I realise...

Are they like getting us married??? Again???

'Who's stupid idea was this??? I mean who gets married people get married again when there is a pandemic outside??? This is crazy!!!' I said looking elsewhere. I was still dumped with all the turmeric paste and they expected me to have lunch and then have bath!!!

Is this some joke??? But what worried me was Nishchay who was giving me those looks!!! What's wrong with him? Why is he staring at me like that!!!??? He was exactly hiding behind Aahir's shoulder. We were thankfully just by ourselves on the terrace of Sehgal Mansion.

My god Kyra is his photocopy!!! That's exactly how she behaves with the hem of my Kurta.

'Chichi...Relax!!! Look Raghav Dadu insisted he wanted to see you and Nishchay get married in a traditional GSB wedding and that's when Mahir Dadu said he wants to see you both getting married in a traditional Punjabi wedding. So you know it was like the clash of titans. They just boom!!! decided to get you guys married !!! Again!!! This time with all the rituals' Riri said and I was speechless.

GULMOHAR (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara