Chapter 50

NISHCHAY

'Have this!!!' An old lady offered me a glass of water and although I was hesitant, I took it from her while another lady as old Saanchi to be prect brought me a plate full of food. Authentic Punjabi Parathas, Chole, Aloo Jeera and Kadi Chawal with Besan Laddoo. Although I wasn't hungry my mouth watered looking at the plate but I was still hesitant specially after what happened in the garden area almost an hour ago. Saanchi had simply walked into the house leaving me speechless.

I knew I hurt her but I wanted to see her, talk to her but she simply walked away without saying a word. Later this old lady walked towards me and took me to a room which probably was her and her husband's room. Her husband who looked extremely angry at both of us and went behind Saanchi. I think they are Saanchi's grandparents and now I was feeling terrible. No girl wants her husband to meet her in laws like this. What a meet and greet!!!

I had freshened up and changed into a fresh pair of track pants and tshirt and joined them in the living room. The old lady gave me a first aid while Aahir was given a first aid by his mother who was ready to eat me raw and the young lady who brought me lunch...she is probably Aahir's sister or maybe his sister in law. Anyhow I hate that man!!!

'Eat your meal Puttarji (child)...Saanchi's food has been sent to her room and Kyra already ate her meal with Aayat and went to bed. You also must be very tired after the long journey, eat and take rest. We can talk tomorrow!!!' she said and I didn't know what to say. I was embarrassed.

'I....Ummm...I...Mrs Sehgal!!!'

'Naani!!!'

'Huhhh???"

'I am your wife's mother's mother...Her grandmother...her Naani...so I'm your Naani too!!!'

'Oh...Ok Naani!!! Saanchi must be very upset with me?' I asked and she smiled saying

'She will be fine. She is just maybe too overwhelmed and shocked at the same time. Shocked because you know for the first time two grown up men fought like this in Sehgal Mansion and overwhelmed obviously because you said her those three words for which she waited a lifetime!!!' and I was flushed. I looked elsewhere.

'I hope you were serious!!! If not I will break your nose this time!!! My husband ate enough punches from you but I don't know if you know they call me Chudail here...Chudail as in witch!!! I will scratch on your face!!! Mind you!!!' said the young lady who was serving me food and I suddenly gulped but then it striked me
..who is her husband??? But then it striked me...the way she was caressing his face and blowing on his every wound.

Fuck!!!

I pointed my finger towards Aahir and asked her 'You mean hus...husband???' and she smiled sarcastically folding her hands against her chest and pouted bobbing her head.

'What the.....then why did he-' Shit!!! Then it strikes me...

'To make me confess????' I ask and she narrows her eyebrows and nods her head and I'm doomed.

Fuck!!! I screwed up big time!!!

'A daughter??? Like you both even have a daughter???? Shit Bhabhi (sister in law) I'm sorry I didn't know!!! I....Shit this is embarassing. But why did Aahir do all this...I mean??? I am so confused!!!'

To which Neiyat Bhabhi smiled and offered me a cup of coffee, we were sitting in the garden area. It was all silent. Clock was ticking almost 12 in the midnight. She smiled saying

'Aahir and Saanchi are best friends forever. There is no one who can come in between their friendship. They are like brain and heart. They work in a combo. They have been during each other's worst.