Arya

That night soon became her favorite night. She even allowed both men to dance with her, which shocked them both. She was dancing and wearing a dress and she was happy.

It was hours past midnight when Arya finally realized how drunk she had gotten. She rose from her seat clumsily and held onto Jon's chair for support.

"Arya, let me go with you. You're sure to fall on your face," Gendry said with a mocking grin.

"No. I'll take her. I've missed my sister too much," Jon stated as he too rose to take Arya's hand.

They walked the halls for a while, sharing small laughs and talking of old times.

"So, you and Gendry, huh?"

"Pardon?" Arya replied too quickly as her cheeks flushed.

"Do not try to hide Arya. I know you too well despite the time we lost together. You like him."

"It's far more than that," she mumbled. Jon raised his eyebrow in inquiry but said nothing. Arya didn't see his small movement, but she felt the shifting mood in the air.

"I think I love him," she said, letting out a nervous laugh, "I think I love him a lot."

Jon sighed. "He is a bastard, Arya. And I know I of all people have no right to say this, but he is and you are a princess. All this can ever be is an affair, nothing more."

Arya stopped walking, too stunned in disbelief to move. "Fuck you. Fuck you and your bloody politics, Snow. I did not come here to claim myself a throne or to join a royal bloody family. I came here to stop the Targaryan from ruining my home. I will fight alongside Northern men and if need be, die. I have lived a brutal life, Jon. Do you disagree? Do you think I do not deserve to love and be loved?"

There was silence in the hall while her last words echoed down the long hall.

"Thank you for taking the long ride to see me. Good night," She stated calmy. Arya walked to her room alone. It wasn't until she reached the door, that she realized it was Gendry's room she had gone to. She smiled tiredly and entered. She stripped naked and climbed into the bed.

She was fast asleep when Gendry stumbled in.