Gendry

A raven from Jon in The Whsipers had come in early that morning stating the Lord Commander was on his way. Gendry could see through all the formalities that Jon was over joined to see his sister again.

"Jon will be here by night fall. Arrange a feast and don't tell the Lady Stark," he told his guard.

"Yes, Ser." As he scurried off.

"Why is he not to tell her?" Ser Rolland asked.

"She doesn't like surprises, but seeing her brother will be spectacular for her. I don't want to see her face until she sees him in the flesh."

**********

Later that evening, Gendry came to Arya's chambers and knocked softly. A small 'come in' replied and he silently entered the room.

She smiled when her eyes met his. "Hi."

"Hi," he chuckled, "There is a feast tonight to liven the men's spirits. I would request the honor of escorting you."

Arya blushed at this, but smirked, "Oh my, Ser, I am terribly sorry, but I already have a date. I'm afraid a poor, lowly, blacksmith bastard has already claimed me."

"Why, Your Grace, I do not believe anyone could claim you no matter how hard they tried." He said, his words dripping with sarcasm. He placed his hand behind her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. "Wear something nice for me?" He whispered.

Arya grunted before eventually uttering a barely audible 'ok'.

"Good. I'll be back in an hour to pick you up."

After shutting Arya's door behind him, Gendry made his way to his own chambers in the Tower of the Hand. There he had a bath drawn and shaved his face.

Gendry noticed how much he'd grown in the past years. His jaw had always been harsh and his body always well muscled, but now, his hair had grown longer and blacker, his nose was slightly crooked from being broken, his skin was tanner since his stay in King's Landing, and his body was just simply massive. Gendry had only recently allowed himself to accept his Baratheon heritage, but it was undeniable now. He had become a spitting image of what his father had once been, before becoming fat and drunk that is.

He dressed in his best doublet. These were Baratheon colors, made upon the Queen's request. Even though he was still a Waters, he was respected and Sansa thought the black and gold to be appropriate.

When he reached Arya's door once again, he gulped as much air as he could. He actually nervous over this reunion.

He had barely knocked once before the door swung inward.

"Seven Hells, you're late. You're like Sansa taking hours to get ready." She said strutting past him and Gendry simply could not contain his laughter.

"You look absolutely lovely, Arya," he whispered in her ear. And she did, in a floor length, summer dress with a dangerously enticing slit up the leg, she looked like a queen of ice and snow. Dangerous. A true queen of the North.