Ch. 24

You Want to Hunt with Me!? (6)

[......You called me quite early, haven't you?]

Kang MiRae's voice over the phone sounded very surprised. Although unintentional, Yu IlHan, who felt like he was a cheap man, retorted bitterly.

"You saw the TV, right?"

[......Yes, you mean the one about the dungeon that appeared in the middle of the city?]

"That's not a dungeon. It's a monster. And it's a strong monster which has a concealment ability."

[......So it was like that.]

There was no need for an additional explanation for Kang MiRae. Just with that, she had seen through the situation and fell into thought.

He felt like he could hear her thoughts. Yu IlHan waited for her answer while wanting to end the call quickly and go back to his workshop, and he could hear an answer soon.

[I see what happened. It seems very dangerous.]

"I'm planning to kill it. Of course, I don't have any intentions in forcing you to do it."

Although he actually wanted to take her there even if he had to drag her by the arm, there was no way he could force a person to help with killing a monster which was estimated to be in its 3rd class. If she rejected, Yu IlHan was planning to go alone.

However, Kang MiRae unexpectedly replied confidently.

[I don't have any plans on backing out. I also had a fault for not thinking about the fact that monsters would remain at that place. However, I need some preparation. Just in case, I will contact the government and the military.]

"I also have to prepare things, so I will call you again in a while."

[I understand.]

Just how amazing was she that she said she would call the government and the military like asking a next door lady? - Although he wanted to ask that, there was no way he would get an answer. He just felt satisfied that the rope that he got a hold of was stronger than he expected.

After Yu IlHan ended the call, he headed to his workshop. The Eternal Flame was still burning in his fireplace, and the metals including harkanium were also keeping their place. Well, in fact, Yu IlHan didn't even need to worry since the entire workshop was protected by the angels' protection magic.

In fact, the things he were worried about was the byproducts of the Giant Leopard. The bones and leather amounted to ¼ of the entire leopard. As he did the basic processing on them after he came back fron the hunt with the help of Erta, he could go into work straight away.

"Good, shall I start?"

[What are you planning to make? There are not enough to make a defensive equipment, and even if you make a weapon, it will be impossible to surpass your steel spear.]

Although he couldn't use the leather as a whole as there were holes in various places, it didn't hinder at all what Yu IlHan was about to make right now. Whether Erta looked curious or not, he didn't pay any mind and went into work.

First, he selected the thickest of the bones and intentinally shaved it roughly. He also carved out some bits on the surface to make spikes from place to place to look like a spinal bone.

[......I asked you what you were making.]

Erta, who got mad easily as her pride was high, kept speaking on top of Yu IlHan's head. She honestly looked cute so Yu IlHan smiled and replied to her.

"A pillar."

[A pillar?]

As the answer was too unexpected, Erta blinked her eyes. Well, the carved bone did indeed look like a pillar. it easily reached over 2m, and had a thickness comparable to a person's entire body. It was a size that made one estimate just how big of a monster the Giant Leopard was.