Ch. 25

Call me Ishmael (1)

Yu IlHan stopped his steps while he was running.

Although the sky was still blue as ever when he looked up, the unsafe aura mixed in the air was stimulating Yu IlHan. The killing intent, which was released indiscriminately without a target, told Yu IlHan that this place was not peaceful.

Although he was definitely in the middle of Seoul, his eyesight spotted almost nothing. This was because all the things in the surroundings had collapsed as if there had been a war. While thinking that everyone had rampaged, whether it was the humans or the monsters, Yu IlHan scanned the surroundings as if it didn’t have anything to do with him.

[……There it is.]

Lucky. The black leopard was nearby. Although it was impossible to confirm its size as it kept moving, as the monster was moving leisurely as if it asuumed that its concealment was umatched under the heavens, it was easy to find its location, much less its movement path.

It wasn’t aware of Yu IlHan’s position yet.

“Then.”

While watching it, Yu IlHan pulled down one of the pillars from his back extremly naturally.

“Hup!”

Then he struck in on the ground. The pillar, which had become an artifact, softly pierced deep into the ground at once like a candle to a cake.

“First, the other side.

It should have noticed Yu IlHan by now, with this. He ran fast while preparing for its attack, and nailed pillar(b) in a place 100m away from pillar(a). It was a much faster speed compared to when he nailed pillar(a)

As he didn’t confirm its exact size, he put the rest of the pillars and the harpoons on the ground first. Although he didn’t want to believe that it was bigger than its mother, carelessness would cause death. He decided to move while considering every possibility.

“But.”

Yu IlHan tilted his head after finishing it.

“In my calculation, it should have attacked at least once while I was nailing pillar(b) into the ground, but why is it still moving around this place?”

[Is it looking for an opening to attack?]

“An opening, eh.”

Yu IlHan exposed that opening right now on purpose. His first objective was to attack and fix in place, the leopard which would assault him, as it would be confident in its concealment ability.

However, it didn’t attack him. Even though there was no opening greater than this. Did it lack in hunting ability as a compensation for its concealment? But even so, it’s a 3rd class monster, should it be fine for it to be so lacking?

[Isn’t it that.]

At that moment, Erta spoke carefully.

[It can’t find you?]

“……”

Yu IlHan was speechless. He thought ‘no way’.

No matter how he had a passive concealment ability, he had walked around while nailing two huge and thick pillars into the ground. The fact that his enemy couldn’t notice him even despite that was too strange.

[However, it’s not like you directly attacked the black leopard, right?]

“Yes.”

[Because of that, isn’t it that your concealment didn’t wear off?]