ferris wheels and white lies

in which dan and phil go to alton towers for their 5 year wedding anniversary, but phil is scared of heights and doesn't want to ruin dan's fun.

phil's POV:

"phil come on!" dan yelled tugging on my sleeve and pouting his bottom lip slightly. i silently awed at his cuteness and ran after him. it was our 5 year anniversary and we had decided to go to alton towers together. in all honesty i didn't really want to be here, i'm terrified of rides and heights in general. i always have been but dan was so excited for it and I couldn't ruin it for him. he was dragging me around the place by my wrist squealing excitedly like a young child. he suddenly stopped causing me to run into him. "sorry dan.." i said quietly and he looked up with a big grin.
"it's fine, phil. but come on we need to get in the line!" he said before dragging me away again.
"wha-" i suddenly saw a large ferris wheel. i looked over to dan and he was grinning widely.

i tried to give him a small smile back but it was quite obviously fake. he frowned at me and stared into my eyes almost searching for some sort of answer. "phillyy," he said dragging out the 'y'. "what's wrong?" he asked, placing his two fingers under my chin causing me to look up at him. "nothing.. it's fine. come on lets go!" i said forcing a smile and he nodded slowly, obviously seeing through my lies. we joined onto the end of the line and stood talking as we waited. i was actually kind of terrified. i couldn't even look up at the thing without feeling slightly nauseous. after just under five minutes we were at the front of the line and i couldn't stop my heartbeat from increasing. the small booth came to a halt and a slightly dazed couple practically fell out of the thing, giggling like hell. dan grabbed hold of my hand in a sort of protective way and squeezed it lovingly. i squeezed it back and took a deep breath as we stepped into the booth. i tried to keep my breathing steady as not to worry dan but by the time we were about halfway from the top i was ready to have a full on panic attack. i looked down at my shakey hands, willing them to stop but to no avail. dan was stood at the edge looking out as i sat on the small bench in the middle. "isn't it beautiful, phil?" he sighed gazing out of the window. "phil?" he repeated just as the wheel jerked. i let out a wimper and practically jumped onto the floor. dan turned around in alarm to see my fragile shaking form. i felt so stupid and weak but i couldn't help it, not really.

he was soon at my side running his hands through my hair soothingly. i burried my face into his chest as i silently sobbed. "i-i'm s-sorry dan." i mumbled into his chest. i felt so fragile and useless but there wasnt very much i could do. after a minute or so i had calmed down and was still clinging onto dan's t-shirt as if it were the only thing stopping me from falling. "oh phil.." he muttered into my hair as he stroked soothing circles into my back. we pulled apart and dan held me at arms length, he examined my face, searching it for an answer. i looked down, ashamed. i took a shakey breath and looked back into dan's eyes. "i'm sorry.." i apologised and dan shook his head gently. "no no my love, this isn't your fault, everything is okay." he leaned down and pecked my lips. as he pulled back i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him back in, placing my lips firmly on his again. i kissed him slowly and passionately and i felt him smile into the kiss. when we pulled apart i smiled weakley at him and he looked at me expectantly. that's when i remembered i hadn't even given him an explanation. "i-i uh.. i'm afraid of heights. i didn't want to tell you and ruin our anniversary.." i said almost muttering the last part. dan sighed quietly and pulled me into a hug.
"you're adorable you know, phil." he spoke, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. i closed my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. he didn't laugh or shout at me. it's okay.

that was when i remembered we were at the top of the ferris wheel. i took a sharp intake of breath and grabbed onto the sides of the bench on which we were sat, shaking slightly in fear. "no no no.. don't worry phil it's okay, everything is okay i've got you." dan whispered soothingly into my ear as he stroked my side gently. "look phil, it's not too bad. i've got you it's okay, i won't let anything happen. i won't let you get hurt." he continued to whisper sweet reassurances into my ear as he held me tightly against his chest. i reluctantly pulled back and smiled weakly at my husband, who was currently looking at me with adoration and concern.
"thanks dan.. i'm sorry." i said in a small voice. i couldn't even pluck up the courage to mention i was scared of heights and now i've just ruined the whole day.
dan chuckled lightly and kissed my forehead, giving my one last squeeze before shuffling back a bit. "it's okay love, none of this is your fault. i just wish you had mentioned earlier." dan said smiling at me, his dimples making me melt and pretty much forget the height. "how about as soon as we get off of this thing we go to a coffee shop to get some drinks then go home and watch a movie together. sound good?" dan suggested and i nodded, smiling widely.

**

i grasped onto the warm cup in my hand, breathing in the steamy air rising from it. dan and i had left the theme park and were almost home, our fingers intertwined lovingly. "so what movie would you like to watch love?"dan asked. i shrugged, glancing up at him. "i don't really mind, what ever you want." i replied as we approached the tall building of apartments. we walked through the doors and into the elevator in a comfortable silence. as the elevator rose i felt dan's arms wrap around my waist softly from behind and his lips peck at my lower neck. i turned around in his arms so we were facing each other and he had his arms draped around my waist, mine finding themselves around his neck. dan lowered himself slightly and pressed his lips against mine. it wasn't as lust filled and heated as some, it was slow and filled with pure love and compassion. we pulled apart when the doors pinged and slowly opened. i blushed and gripped onto his hand, tugging him out of the elevator and into our warm apartment. dan turned me around and gave me yet another small peck on the lips and i playfully tapped his nose. "what was that for?" i giggled and dan shrugged, smiling. "your lips were lonely." he said and i rolled my eyes. "come on, let's go watch this movie." i smiled and we were soon cuddled up on the sofa drifting off to sleep in each others arms.

why do people read these lol