10.

I WAS next to Alex, feet in the sand, beside Sean, Beast and Mystique. After a couple of minutes, Erik had made a hole in the wall of the submarine, lifting Shaw's limp body in the air, dropping it down.

"Today, our fighting stops!" Magneto floated down as Azazel, Angel and Riptide looked down at the body. "Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there. I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants! Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong."

Charles and Moira had walked closer to the shore. He used his ability to see and quickly nodded at the agent. She then ran off to the jet and came back with distraught written on her face. Seconds later, missiles were headed straight towards us. Erik halted them in the air just in time before he began aiming them towards the ships in the ocean.

"Erik, you said yourself we're the better men. This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men. They're just following orders." Xavier pleaded, trying to reason with him.

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again."

Soon enough, he launched them into the sky. I stepped forward hurriedly, reaching out and slowing them down, if Erik stopped I would've stopped them completely. Charles ran at Lehnsherr, attempting to pry the helmet off, helping me. I swiftly began moving the missiles, aiming them for the water, most of them exploding in the process.

Erik then elbowed Charles in the face, Alex, Sean, Raven and Hank took a couple steps forward, about to advance on him.

"Stand back!" Magneto threw the boys back but not Mystique and I. I let the projectiles go, knowing they'd just explode or fall in the water. I turned around, catching the boys' fall, letting them land safely on the sand.

Suddenly, Erik had grabbed hold of the leftover missiles again. I turned back around, trying to stop them, but he was using more of his strength, knowing I would try to stop them again. As I was using my powers, Moira began shooting at Erik, making him let them go and allowing me to plunge and exploit the missiles again. He dodged the bullets well, until I heard Charles scream, I looked over at him. He was on the ground with Magneto. From what I know, it seemed like Erik had dodged a bullet, letting it hid Xavier in the spine.

"I said back off!" He shouted at us as we were about to come help. "You... You did this." He accused Moira and then choked her by her dog tags, eventually letting go after the telepath spoke. After a while, he let Moira help Xavier before standing up.

"The society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand... now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me?" He turned to Raven who was beside me, holding his hand to her. "No more hiding."

She turned to me with a sad look in her eyes. I hugged her tightly and we both pulled away slowly. I pulled three five dollar bills out of my pocket, handing it to her. "Here's the money I owe you."

"Thank you, Blake." She chuckled lightly, taking it before walking away towards Erik.

At the last second, Raven turned to Charles, kissing his forehead and speaking to Moira and him. Mystique stood up, taking Erik's outstretched hand. Shaw's three minions joined the two, and they all held hands for Azazel to teleport them away.

"And, Beast, never forget... mutant and proud." She told Hank before Magneto nodded and they left. As soon as they were gone, us four rushed towards Xavier's body. We all crouched down.

"We're going to get you to a hospital." Moira reassured him as he grabbed onto Beast's arm.

"Wait. Don't... Charles." Hank stopped him. "Charles, don't move, okay?"

"I won't. Ac-actually, I... I-I... I can't feel my legs." He stopped moving, and we looked down at his two limbs.

"What?" McTaggart said confused.

"I can't feel my legs. I can't feel my legs." He repeated.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ THE END ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

A/N: Yeah, this book's finished. Hope you enjoyed, and thank you for reading this story! Check out my others if they peak your interest!

-TAJ