Episode 5

In the last episode, Lune acquired the second badge of Johto and made his way to Goldenrod. During his visit, he and Cassie took the time to explore the city at their leisure. At some point, Lune received a word of warning from Ethan about the might of the Gym Leader. He and Lyra have been bested, will Lune suffer the same fate or will he emerge victorious?

From Shimmering Shine to Sinister Shade!

Onward, To Ecruteak!

Leaving the Department store, Lune gets in some last second training in the route below Goldenrod. Afterwards, both he and Cassie head towards the Gym and head inside. After dealing with the trainers, they find their way to the Gym Leader, "The Incredibly Pretty Girl" Whitney.

Whitney: Hi! I'm-!

Whitney: Hi! I'm-!

Whitney paused in her sentence once she locked eyes with Lune.

Needless to say, she was enamored.

Whitney(Flustered): H-hi, I'm Whitney. What's your name?

Lune: Uh, the name's Lune. I'm here for a battle.

Whitney: *Snapping out of it* R-right! Everyone was into Pokémon, so I got into it, too! Pokémon are super cute! If you want to battle that's fine, but I'm warning you, I'm good!

Whitney starts the battle by sending out a Clefairy while Lune sends out Xrimson. Xrimson starts out with a strong Water Gun, sending Clefairy backwards. Keeping up the offensive, Xrimson goes in for a Bite attack, not noticing the glint in his opponents' eyes. Before he could back off, Clefairy waggled its finger and used Metronome. Once done she started to glow bright, and then...