Chapter 21

I'm literally the worst person on Earth. I give you all permission to kill me. I'm so sorry, just here.

The stairs creaked and wavered under their feet as they walked. Eren's heart rate was picking up and his hands were shaking. He was scared- no. He was terrified.

"Come on, my boy. I'm just down here. Come and meet your family." Grisha's voice had started to change. It was sounding more and more gut wrenching and hair rising. Eren's wings twitched under his shirt once more as he took another step. It had started to get slightly brighter and if he looked hard enough, he could see that the end of the staircase was soon and that there was another door. Astro stayed by his side as they walked down the stairs, then to the door. Eren reached out, feeling for a door handle. Once he found it, he paused.

Behind this door could lay my fate, an end. On the other hand, it could hold my father and a new beginning. Am I willing to take the risk? Eren's hands shook as he thought about his choice.

"I'm just behind the door, son. Come on, come and get me! We can be a family again!" Grisha was almost yelling in his head now. As if his body had a mind of it's own, he threw the door open. A faint light was coming from behind a mint green tinted curtain that was stained with some type of dark liquid. From what Eren could see, the walls too were stained in the dark color and other grime. The floor was stained as well. The room was outlined in shelves, places closed off by mint green curtains hanging from rails that hung from the roof. Tall, metal shelves lined the room as well, holding jars and boxes of God knows what. Astro gave a soft growl as Eren saw something move behind the curtain.

"Eren, my boy, you've finally made it." It was the demon's voice from his dream, but as the same time, it was Grisha's voice. Eren watched in horror as a clawed hand reached around the curtain and slowly pushed it back, revealing the face of his father. Long hair hung in a low ponytail, thin, circle rimmed glasses sat low on his nose and insanity shone in his eyes. His face was covered in some scruff from having not shaved and a sickening smile with yellow, rotting teeth took over his lips.

The demon stumbled out from behind the curtain, his speared tail whipping back and forth. His wings were no longer held feathers, but were more like extra limbs extending from his hunched over back. He was thin and had many of his bones jutting out from his body, his eyes sunken in and his lips chapped and ripped. His teeth were too long for his mouth, sharp like fangs but yellow and rotting. His arms seemed too long for his body and hung low, long claws stretching out from his fingertips, stained black and blue. His toes had claws too, also stained black that scratched the floors as he walked.

"Come on, my boy. Give Daddy a hug." Grisha stretched out his arms and Astro let out a low growl, standing in front of the horrified half life. Grisha's lips curled up into a sneer at the sight of the demon, his eyes narrowing. "You stupid mutt. Always getting in the way of things, hmm? Well not for long, puppy!" Grisha laughed loudly, reaching back and grabbing a knife off a table that was hidden behind the curtain. Eren's eyes widened as Grisha threw the knife.

A normal knife couldn't hurt a familiar, but once it plunged into Astro's stomach, it became clear that that was no normal knife. It all seemed to happen in slow motion as Astro stood there for a second, unsure of what had just happened. Astro glanced to the knife as his scales tucked in and his fur came out, finally leaking the crimson liquid that was meant to stay in his body. His knees gave out and he fell over and so did Eren. Eren dropped to his knees, grasping at Astro's fur with wide, terrified eyes.

"O-ho! Bullseye!" Grisha exclaimed, then let out a deep bark of laughter. Eren felt tears well in his eyes as Astro fell limp in his arms. "Don't worry your freaky little head, the mutt's still alive." Grisha chuckled, sauntering over. He grabbed Eren by his hair and yanked him to his feet. "Let's play a little game, shall we?" Grisha asked and Eren's body froze at the words. So many times has he heard that, and so many times as he almost died at those words.

"N-no." Eren whispered as Grisha began dragging him over to the stained curtain. "No! No! NO!!" Eren shrieked as he began thrashing around. He began throwing punches, kicks and screaming, trying to get away. Grisha grunted as he slammed Eren down on the table, making his wings press painfully into his back. Grisha grabbed his wrists, pinning them down with metal clamps then doing the same to his wrists.

Eren's breathing became rapid as Grisha walked over to Astro's bloody corpse laid. Eren's eyes widened as Grisha reached down and yanked the knife out of Astro's stomach. Astro whimpered, twitching and Eren began screaming for him to stop.

"No! Dad! Stop! Leave him alone!!" Eren screeched, pulling against the clamps on his limbs. Eren watched in horror as Grisha grabbed Astro by the neck and dragged him over.

"Now why would I do that?" Grisha asked, tilting his head and smiling a smile of pure insanity and evil intentions.

"Because he has nothing to do with this." Eren cried, trying to yank his wrists out of the clamps. Grisha only threw his head back and laughed, holding Astro up in the air by his neck. Eren began sobbing, screaming and begging for him to stop.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop on one condition, my dear boy. You give me something. It's a simple thing really, and I'll drop the mutt off on school grounds." Grisha said, dropping Astro onto the ground with a thud. "But hurry up, the clocks a-ticking." Grisha laughed, tapping his foot.

"I'll do it! Whatever it is, I'll do it!!" Eren yelled, pleading Grisha with his eyes. Grisha smiled a sickening smile as he grabbed a long, thick needle from his table of strange, stomach churning tools.

"Just hold still and don't struggle." Grisha said, leaning over Eren and pointing the needle right at his eye. Eren's heart began racing with fear as the needle became closer and closer. It pressed in there his tear duct is and Grisha kept pressing. Eren screamed in pain, blinking furiously and trying to get it away but Grisha kept pressing. Blood began to spill out and into his eye, turning his vision red as the needle went into his eye. "I've always wanted to try this, you know? Back when, but you were never up for it. So I guess now is as good as ever." Eren head Grisha chuckle over his screams. "There's a bone back here actually. I just want to see if I can touch it. Maybe even cause a little break." Grisha laughed. Eren could feel every movement in his skull, his head was overflowing with pain. His eyes were spilling both tears and blood when Grisha finally pulled the needle out.

"Now, you stay there and think long and hard about your decision. I'm going to drop the mutt off. Once I come back, we can play a few more games." Grisha said, reaching down and picking Astro up. Eren sobbed on the table as Grisha walked out and left him.

This is it. This is where I'm going to die. I never even got to say goodbye.

Guys, I'm so sorry! I've just been busy with school and my dad is going to be heading out soon to work on the slopes *Sigh* he'll be gone two weeks, back for one week then gone another two. Rise, lather, repeat. Anyways, I'll try my hardest to keep up with this!! Much Ereri love to you all and I love you guys!!! I'm so sorry!!!!