Chapter 12

Hey guys, I fucked up. Some how, the charger port on my computer broke so that's my lame ass excuse to why this is late. I'm on my grandma's computer right now, so shh. Anyways, here's this late ass update and I'll try to get stuff done on my phone. Anyways, read on!

"Eren! Eren, my boy! What a surprise you're still alive!" The demon exclaimed, walking into the stale smelling room. Eren gritted his teeth as the demon walked over, grabbing a syringe on the way. "You know, it's rude to ignore someone when they're talking to you." The man growled, pushing up his circle rimmed glasses so they reflected the light seeming to come out of no where and hid his eyes. "Now, hold still and don't struggle. It'll only hurt a lot." The demon laughed maniacally before plunging the needle into Eren's arm.

The small boy winced, then began screaming at fire filled his veins. It felt like the man was pumping lava into his blood and letting it spread as slowly and painfully as possible.

"No! No! Please! Stop! It hurts!!" Eren shrieked, thrashing around. The demon grabbed a fist full of his hair, pulled his head up then slammed it back down on the metal table, right on the corner. Eren could practically hear the sharp metal scrape against his skull, but the pain seemed to dull the pain. He felt warm blood start to soak his head as he fell limp, his head spinning.

"What did I tell you about struggling?" The demon snarled at Eren. Eren couldn't even open his mouth to speak. His vision was fading in and out and his limbs felt heavy. "Too much for the little freak? As soon as you wake up, be ready, my boy. You're not going to last long." The demon growled before taking the needle out. It felt like his body exploded and he let out a screech of pain.

"Brat! Oi, brat!" Eren heard someone yell. They sounded so familiar... Eren instantly snapped his fist out and began kicking his feet wildly, as if still trying to escape the demon. "Oi, Eren! Oof!" Eren opened his eyes, seeing Levi hunched over and holding his stomach. "Are you okay, brat?" He groaned, looking up at Eren. Eren's eyes widened as he realized what he had done. He had just kicked Levi in the stomach.

"Oh my God! Levi! I-I'm so sorry!" Eren cried, scrambling up and grabbing Levi's shoulders. Levi only shook his head, waving Eren off.

"Are you or aren't you?" Levi asked once more. Eren nodded frantically, moving his left hand up to his chin, trying to turn the attention back to Levi and if he was okay. "Don't lie to me brat, you're crying." Levi stated, reaching up and poking Eren's wet cheek. Eren reached up and touched his cheek, finding it indeed to be wet and his eyes to be the source of the tears.

"I-I'm fine." Eren stuttered, wiping at his eyes with his sleeves. Levi sighed, grabbing Eren's shoulder and tugging the boy to his chest, wrapping his arms around him. Eren froze at the action, stunned as to what Levi was doing.

"Don't act like I'm murdering you, brat. I'm just giving you a hug." Levi rolled his eyes. Eren felt his eyes water more and a sob escaped his throat. He was terrified. He didn't know what to do. That dream... It seemed so real. Eren began shaking as he clutched fistfulls of Levi's shirt, hanging to him like he was his only lifeline. Then, Eren and Levi were encased in pitch black, warm feathers. Eren lifted his head from Levi's shoulder, wiping at his eyes and he gazed at the brilliant black feathers.

"Are these yours?" Eren asked quietly, his voice still weak as he reached out and gently stroked the large, oddly soft feather.

"Grew 'em myself." Levi said, stretching them out so they no longer surrounded the two boys. "Brat," Levi started, putting his hands on Eren's shoulders and looking straight into his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked once more. Just a simple question had tears falling from Eren's eyes again. He hunched over, clutching his hands to his heart as he shook his head.

"I'm scared Levi. I don't know what to do." Eren whimpered, his voice cracking. Two fingers were placed under his chin and he was gently forced to look up and meet Levi's dark eyes.

"Then tell me. Tell me everything." Levi said. Eren was nervous, unsure if it was safe. He hadn't told anyone about the dreams, not about his dream to find Grisha, not about the nightmare of the demon and his mother. Eren paused before making up his mind and spilling everything to Levi. Every last detail, all of it. The nightmares, Grisha, but not about himself. To say Levi looked shocked was an understatement, but he quickly composed himself and kept an emotionless face on.

"Do you know why you want to find Grisha?" Levi asked as Astro and Pepsi ran over, Astro laying his head on Eren's lap and Pepsi hopping up and sitting on Levi's shoulder.

"I need to see him. To fix everything. To have a family again." Eren explained, wiping at his tear stained cheeks. Astro whimpered softly, nudging at Eren's side. Pepsi and Levi shared a look before Levi reached over and gently held Eren's hand in a comforting way.

"I'm going to help you find him. But I have a few things I need to ask you." Levi said, giving Eren's hand a small squeeze. "And don't lie to me either, okay?" Eren nodded in response, assuring he wouldn't lie. "Do you promise?" Levi asked, holding out his free pinky. Eren smiled slightly at such a childish thing, but reached out and locked his pinky with Levi's, giving it a tug then letting go.

"What are you?" Levi asked and Eren froze. "You promised. And I promise I won't tell anyone, just... Tell me." Levi said, staring deep into Eren's eyes. Eren shook his head, standing up and pulling away from Levi. "Brat-"

"No, you'll... You'll hate me." Eren said, turning away and avoiding eye contact. Levi reached out, grabbing Eren's shoulders and turning him so they were facing each other once more.

"Eren," Levi said. "I saw your scars. And... And your wings. I know what you are, but just say it to me. Confirm it." Eren's breath caught in his throat and he almost ran for it, but Levi held onto his shoulders tighter, preventing him from running.

"I... I'm a freak." Eren said quietly. Then, Levi reached up and smacked his head, making Eren look at him with wide eyes.

"You're an idiot, aren't you?" Levi asked, raising a thin eyebrow in question. Eren opened his mouth to speak, but Levi cut him off. "You're not a freak, nor are you anything of the sort. You're just different." Levi explained.

"But-"

"No buts, brat. Now, explain what you are." Levi said, taking his hands off Eren and crossing his arms. Eren didn't know how to react. How was he supposed to react to that?

"I... I'm half demon... Half angel." Eren said, unsure if that was the right answer or not. Levi nodded in satisfaction, then glared at Eren once more.

"Don't you ever call yourself a freak again. You're not, got that, brat?" Levi asked with a glare that had Eren nodding his head. "Good, now let's go and catch up with our friends. That su-casa girl has got to freaking out by now." Levi said, making Astro stand from his spot he was laying down in. Eren nodded softly, still shocked by it all as he started following Levi out of the field and out of the woods. They walked back to the campus and were instantly found by Mikasa, Erwin and everyone else.

"Eren Jasp-" Mikasa was cut off by Hanji's loud squeal.

"EEEEEEE!!!" Hanji practically screeched, running over and grabbing Eren's shoulders. She yanked him away from Levi and spun him around. "I'm finally getting a witch's outfit today at the assembly!!" Hanji yelled, shaking Eren's shoulders.

"Assembly?" Eren asked, swaying from the dizzy feeling he got after being spun around and shook like a rag doll.

"You know, the one they have every year to explain where all the classes are!" Hanji grinned. Eren nodded, noting that he skipped that every year to talk to the principal about what he would be doing that year. But he didn't know was that everything was changing and his world was going to be upside down in a matter of days.

*Gasps and clutches chest* My babies! Anyways, there's that. But hey, I'm trying to get a job! It's kinda coming along. I was supposed to do a Dog Sitting thing tomorrow but she hasn't contacted me back so I think she bailed on me? Rude. Not to mention today is a shit day. It's been raining all day (though I absolutely love the rain) but it got all my garage sale shit soaked, and my best friend's dog died. It's safe to say I was crying for quite a while. But other than that, much Ereri love you to all, I love you all and I hope none of you are in a shit mood with a shit day!!