Chapter 3

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the HighLedge for a Clan meeting!" StormStar leapt onto the HighLedge. LightningHeart and ThunderPaw stood proud beside her, LizardStrike a bleeding coward in the middle of the clearing.

"Traitor!"

"Evil cat!"

"Fox-heart!"

"Drive him out of the forest!"

"Let me finish gutting him!"

The furious cats of ThunderClan let out cries of hate as they gathered. GoldenKit shivered, cowering next to her brothers and sister. She was now deathly afraid of LizardStrike.

"Cats of ThunderClan, as you know, LizardStrike is a traitor among us. He has hurt ShadowStripe's young daughters, GoldenKit and BlackKit. He has put evil thoughts into his own kits' minds. He fought with Clanmates." StormStar's eyes glinted. "LizardStrike is no longer a member of ThunderClan. However, knowledge of recent events can't get out yet. Therefore, LizardStrike is now a prisoner of ThunderClan. In a quarter-moon, we will reevaluate him and decide on a final punishment. On a better note, MintWhisker has good news."

"Thank you, StormStar. I am pleased to announced I will be taking SparkPaw to the MoonPool tomorrow night at the half-moon, where I will be giving him his full name."

"What?!" SparkPaw gasped, his eyes wide with pleasure. "MintWhisker, I—"

"You don't need to say anything. Like it or not, SparkPaw, you have proven yourself a worthy medicine cat, and an incredibly loyal ThunderClan cat. You deserve it."

"SparkPaw!" The beautiful she-cat VinePaw started the cheer. "SparkPaw! SparkPaw!"

"SPARKPAW!" The clearing erupted with congratulations for the medicine cat and her apprentice.

"LionPelt and RaccoonTail, LizardStrike is under your guard now. Take him to his den," StormStar ordered. The two cats nodded and jerked LizardStrike to his new den, which was really his new prison.

"I would also like to address PearFace, one of our queens. She is mother to LizardStrike's kits, and she also has a quarter-moon to decide what will become of she and her kits after LizardStrike's punishment. This meeting is adjourned!"

As StormStar left, LightningHeart took her place. "FernWhisper and FoxFlight, each of you gather a hunting patrol. BoulderStorm, patrol the WindClan border. EagleHeart, take ShadowClan. Don't provoke any fights!" LightningHeart added as she, too, left the HighLedge.

"Come on, you four." GoldenKit turned and realized her parents had returned from patrol during the meeting. "To the nursery; you're asleep on your paws!" ShadowStripe teased as she scooped TigerKit into her jaws.

GoldenKit and BlackKit trotted after ShadowStripe, letting out mrrows of amusement as SnakeKit barreled past and careened into the nursery wall.