Chapter Twenty: Lineage p2

Chapter Twenty: ~Killian

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I growl out. "I am full werewolf!"

"Oh my dear how wrong you are." She says with a smirk. "You my dear are a half breed...the son to the king of the witches. Dominic. My idiotic brother and it is because of your blood and the power you possess within that blood that has allowed me to to transform Lina."

"Killian is a werewolf." Tate says. "He can transform into a wolf, we've seen him."

"Yes because his mother was a werewolf. Depending on which species the mother is depends on what the more dominant gene is within the child. Your mother and my brother stupidly fell in love. That was before my brother got the throne. He was calm collective and loved your mother very much. I met your mother...she was nice enough...but she was corrupting Dominic from being the witch he is. He was neglecting his duty. He didn't deserve to be king and still doesn't. When our father died your mother was eight months along.

"I should have been given the throne. I was the one more suited but no...my idiotic brother was given the throne. Once he found out he had to leave your mother. I wanted that throne and I still do. To crush the abomination that is the werewolf species. Yet even if I killed my brother you were still there. The witch community would have found out. I would never get to rule the throne. So I needed a way to not only kill you but be able to control the entire word.

"That was when we discovered the prophecy including Melina here. The girl with the affinity of shadows. When she was seen to be your mate well, that was a bonus. Now I had a way to get to her and to you properly and effectively. Now I will kill you and be able to erase your filthy species once and for all."

"You're sick!" Isabella shouts.

"Call me what you will I don't care. Melina dear." she says with a smirk. I look at Lina and she smirks too before flicking her wrist. To my left I see blood...lots and lots of blood. Turning I see Isabella...her eyes wide open and a large gash down her chest. There's so much blood and she begins falling backwards. I catch her.

"Hold on Isabella...hold on." I say. I've known her my whole life and right now seeing her dying in my arms....I look up and growl at Laura.

"Why are you growling at me? I'm not the one who did it." She says smiling in a mock innocent look. "If anyone deserves to be punished it is your little precious 'lina'.

I gently place Isabella down and tell Tate to apply pressure to the wound. Losing her now is not an option and I know Lina would never forgive herself if Isabella was to die. I would get her back. She was mine and I would do anything to protect her and keep her safe.

I stand up and growl before I charge at Laura. As I charge I shift quickly. She manages to dodge my attack though and smirks before clicking her fingers. At this I notice shadows start creeping towards me. Turning I see Lina smirking her head tilted to one side. As I'm momentarily distracted Laura strikes.

I may not be able to die but I can certainly feel pain. A searing fire like pain spreads throughout my body. Burning me inside out. I whine in pain and then see Tate charging at Lina. I growl out a no but by then it's too late.

Her shadows whip out and Tate is no more.

"Melina dear." Laura says. "Why don't you go upstairs and assist the other witches." She nods vanishing in a circle of shadows.

"So nephew dearest do we like the new and improved Melina?" She laughs and I growl. As she's distracted from laughing I charge at her, going for her ankles. She sees this though and strikes sending me flying into the other side of the room. The pain erupts again but I ignore it. I need to stay strong. For my pack and for my Lina.

"How pathetic you are...this fight would be much more interesting if you were not in your wolf form." She says and with a snap of her wrist the fire like pain begins and I feel my bones shift on their own accord. A guttural scream breaks free from my throat.

The pain reminded me of my first shift. I had been younger than the majority but we all thought that was because of my mothers alpha genes. Obviously it was because I was a half breed. I had spent so long hating the witches when all along I've been part witch. I persecuted them and even with Lina I was a monster. I hurt her over something she had no control over and now...now I'm the same as she is.

I look up and glare at Laura hating her for everything she is.

"You knew all this fucking time." I spit out. She tuts and shakes her head.

"Now now we must not swear Killian dear." She says and with a flick of her wrist I begin coughing. How she's able to influence that I don't know but when I put my hand to my mouth I see crimson. I keep coughing and more blood appears. She then sighs and it stops. My throat however feel raw and all I can taste is copper.

"You knew..."I manage to wheeze out.

"Yes I did...of course your father doesn't the idiot he is. He thinks you died a long time ago."

"Why?"

"I deserve the throne not him and I will do everything I can in my power to make sure that I get it."

"You will never be queen. You will not harm my pack, my family and especially not my mate! How dare you think you can control something like that. How fucking dare you. I will kill you even if I have to rip you apart limb from limb if it means I can keep everyone safe." As I speak I feel my hand grow in warmth and smirk.

"You will not win this Laura. You think you are all powerful but I have something you don't have."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really."

"Then prey tell how you plan to win this thing."

"I have the light affinity." Then everything around me gets enveloped in a white light.

A/n: so this story is almost over. There's like one more chapter and an epilogue to go really...anyways I hope you have enjoyed. Luv y'all :) <3