#2

~ PRETEND ~
×
- Lee Heeseung -

The crickets are singing, three people stand still, staring at each other.

"There you are!!!"

The unknown man suddenly said and approaches Y/n with a wide smile. She's confused and looks around in panic.

"Wait wait, me?!"

"Where have you been?! I thought you won't come?!"

"W-who are you?!"

She's dumbfounded and backs away as the man gets closer to her.

"This is the girl??"  The middle aged woman steps forward, eyeing y/n up and down.

"Yes yes she's the one!! I miss you honey!!" The man replies brightly. Y/n is shocked when the man pulls her into a hug. She was about to push him away when the ma suddenly whispers,

"F*cking go with the flow or I swear I'll make you regret it..."

Threatened, her body went stiffen, thinking he's a bad guy. She's scared to even imagine what this unknown man can do to her. Afraid, she just nods shortly.

"Hug me back..." She did as he told and put up a fake smile.

"I-i miss you too..." Her face is full of horror as she said those sweet words. The man pulls away and she faces the woman, which she assumes his mother.

"What should I say?! " she panick "Wait, he said I was late!" 

"I-i'm sorry for being late... There's a traffic problem..." she quickly goes with the flow, putting up the act.

"So you are my son's girlfriend??"

"GIRLFRIEND?!"

She covers her mouth in shock and the man immediately glares at her.

"I-i mean, yes I am..."

"my son has told me little things about you. So you're Olivia??"

"Pardon??"

"Olivia??"

She feels the man beside her holds her hand, squeezing it tightly. She glances at him and saw those deadly threatening eyes. If it's possible, she should be dead by now.

"That's not my name!!"

"yes... That's me, Olivia..."

"That's a foreign name..." Indeed.

"I'm from the US..." Probably a good excuse, which fortunately make the woman gleam in surprise.

"Omo, come in come in!!" She welcomes her and walks inside the house. Y/n stood there, dumbfounded by the situation that has occurred upon her.

"Look here..." Y/n turns to the man beside her.

"Just play along. I'll give you little hints of what I've told my mom about you."

"Excuse me sir!" She stops him. It's ridiculous. "What is this?! I don't know you sir and you're suddenly threatening me like this!"

"I can call the police on you!" She warned, however she receives a sarcastic scoff.

"Do it then, they won't even budge from their seats to help you. Now listen to me, just play along, pretend that you're my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?!" She shouts in shock again and the man quickly shushes her.

"Shut up will you?! Just make up some excuse why we couldn't meet or contact each other before! Make her believe that you're really my girlfriend!!"

"No! I don't want to be part of this!!!"