───⨯𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Kyoka, not you too!"

Momo chimed in on the topic for the first time today in an attempt to be helpful, "Come on guys, it couldn't have been that hard." Silence filled the table as the other three simply stared at her with a look of disbelief. Her smile fell and she quirked up a brow. "What?"

"Yeah, for a smart person like you, that is." Kyoka rolled her eyes and stated with sarcasm playing on her tone. Momo was the most intelligent of the group and it was hard for the other girls to compare. Ochaco tried her best as a university student and her grades were average, however they weren't nearly as good as Momo's. Kyoka never put much of an effort into studying, but her grades still managed to be just a little less than average. Mina was actually the worst of them all and spent more time on social media, insisting that she would study 'later'(spoiler alert: she always ended up pulling an all-nighter to study last minute).

"Okay, fine, but you guys know I would gladly tutor you if you ever need help!" She defended herself and pushed out her bottom lip in a pout. Momo had a helping nature and was the most responsible of them all. She could always solve problems sensibly with just a mature conversation, and had a 'motherly aura', as her friends put it. And thus, she was labelled the mother of the group. 

"Ugh, all this talk about school is making my head hurt.", Mina whined as she dramatically dropped her head on the round wooden table with a thunk, making the other three turn to look at her with expressions that showed nothing other than pure concern. She lifted her head and placed her gloved hand on her (now slightly red) forehead. "Ow, that hurt."

"You do have a point..." Ochaco nodded in agreement to her original statement, trying to think of another topic as she sipped on her hot chocolate. Then her eyes immediately shot up with excitement as if a lightbulb had appeared on her head. "Oh right! Mina, how's things going with you and Kirishima? You told us you were gonna confess to him when winter break started."

Kyoka was now very interested in the conversation, her head perking up from her phone with her plain coffee in a paper cup wrapped in the palm of her other hand. "Hey, that's true. What happened to that, Mina? Did you get scared and end up not doing it?", She teased, but they all noticed the hint of genuine concern in her voice. Kyoka always made herself appear hardhearted, but the girls have known her for a long time and knew for a fact that she cared about her friends dearly.

"Yeah, so like, I was going to give you guys the news later but..." Mina's glossy lips curled downwards in a frown and seemed to have a look of solemn on her face, which made the other three worried. They were only relieved when they saw the wide grin spread across her features. "We're dating!"

The girls erupted into cheers, congratulating Mina and expressing how much they were proud of the bubblegum haired girl. Momo's mouth curved into a smile at the news. All her friends had been slowly getting into relationships one by one and she was overjoyed. They all deserved to be just as happy as they made her at times.

"So that leaves Ochaco, huh?" Kyoka wiggled her eyebrows as her amethyst orbs made their way over to Ochaco across the table, who blushed furiously at her remark. Ochaco has had a crush on a little someone named Izuku for a long time, but has yet to tell him her feelings because of her nervousness. Her friends knew she could do it someday though and never forgot to give her words of encouragement which she couldn't be more grateful for.

"M-maybe... I don't even know if he likes me back...", she muttered shyly as she played with her fingers in a way her crush would. She was always optimistic and loved to speak her mind, but was a little sensitive when talking about her aforementioned crush.

Mina assured matter-of-factly, "Hun, there's no way Izuku doesn't like you back. Trust me, I can smell kids in love from a mile away, and I just know it by the way he gets a hundred times more shy around you."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐦𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭, todomomo 🎉