Trustworthy?

Before we get on with this story, this is based off of my memory of the game so it won't be 100% accurate. This is also Yakov x Nemo so the story will also change.

It was dark in the forest, could barely see what was in front of me. I was stumbling but trying my best to make it to my destination. Falling and accidentally scratching my hand against a log I quickly got back up. I'm not weak, I have to prove myself.

Before I knew it I was where I heard the gunshots were. Most of the soldiers were laying on the grass with blood spilling out. Only black apostates were standing but still a lot were on the ground.

I fell onto the ground out of exhaustion. My eyes stared at the starry sky. The moonlight making me squint my eyes. It's really magnificent how beautiful things can be.

My eyesight starting going blurry as I heard someone running towards me. They must've seen me fall, I'm surprised that they're coming quickly. Nobody has really cared about my health or well-being.

This man with grey hair put his hand on my neck feeling for a pulse. Suddenly his hand caressed my cheek as other people came over to us.

"Should we bring him with us?" A girl with brown hair crouched next to us

"We know nothing about him, he could be a spy." The grey haired man said

"Will I finally make it this time...?" I barely managed to say before everything darkened

――――――――☾☁︎☽――――――――

I tried to open my eyes but there was a bright lamp that made me close my eyes. Hands gripped my shoulders softly which made me confused.

"Who are you? Are you here for a mission?"

A few seconds went by and freezing cold water hit my body. My eyes shot open and the man from earlier was standing in front of me. He was adjusting his gloves on his hands.

"So will you answer my question? It doesn't matter, it's obvious you're a spy." He smirked

"No he'll answer! If he doesn't we'll just use this!" Someone with short red hair smiled

I looked at what the person was holding. It was a metal tool, but was steaming with heat. My mouth opened but I couldn't think what to say. The girl started getting closer which made me more nervous. My eyes looked at the man with dark circles under his eyes.

"Ruf, leave him alone he's about to talk."

"No he isn't!"

Suddenly I flinched as I seen the tool about to burn me. But I never felt any pain. I heard the sizzling sound so I opened my eyes and the man saved me. His arm was in the way with a nasty burn on it now.

"Why would you do that?" Ruf scoffed

"Because you burning him would make him not talk." He sighed

"I don't remember anything." I said

"See, he's lying! You shouldn't have gotten in the way!"

More cold water fell on me. Both of the people seemed surprised by the action. My teeth started chattering and my body shook.

"Why'd you do that Oliver?" Ruf asked

"Lying deserves a punishment, it's in the handbook." Oliver smiled

"Spies deserve execution." The grey haired man spun a revolver around his finger

"I'm not a spy!"

"You definitely sound like one, especially by what you said before you passed out." He replied

"Wolfgang remind us what happened." Ruf looked at a man in the corner

A man was holding a diary and writing in it. He held it very close to his face and was mumbling to himself. I don't think he was paying much attention.

"Wolfgang! Tell us what this dude said when we found him."

"O-oh." He started flipping through pages trying to find it.

Honestly I was paying more attention to the man with dark circles under his eyes. He only stood a few steps away from me. I studied his features for a while. Suddenly he looked at me and I quickly looked away. I heard him chuckle and didn't dare look at him.

"See you seem like a spy." Ruf claimed

"I wouldn't assume that quickly." Oliver stated

"You should just confess Nemo." The grey haired man squeezed my shoulders gently

"I told you I don't remember anything!"

"I thought we didn't know his name." Oliver looked confused

Suddenly the door opened and a man in a white suit walked in. Everyone stood in a line. The man walked towards me.

"You say you don't remember anything?"

I nodded and the man turned my face from side to side. Now thinking about it there could be something odd about my appearance. I glared at the man from the corner of my eyes.

"Relax, I'm just trying to see if I recognize you. Untie him and you're in charge of him. Have him come to my office after" He pointed at the grey haired man

"But sir-"

"For now we can trust him, he's in our uniform after all."

Ruf and Oliver came to untie the ropes. The man in the white uniform walked away. I stood up and my legs felt weak underneath me. Trying my best I hurried after the man. Before leaving the room I looked back seeing his dark black eyes staring at me, there was something soft about them.

――――――――☾☁︎☽――――――――

"Don't just stand by the door come sit." He pointed at an armchair

My heart was beating fast as I know I shouldn't trust this man. I slowly walked towards the chair and sat down.

"Call me Wagner I'm the general, I want to make a deal with you."

"What's the deal?" I asked

"You get me information about my "special squad" and I'll get your rank rising quickly."

"What type of information?"

"Just secrets or personality."

I took a deep breath wondering about this offer. It doesn't seem like it could be terrible.

"I'll take the deal."

We shook hands while there was a knock on the door. I stood up and Wagner opened the door to the grey haired man. The general whispered in his ear as me and him stared into each other eyes.

"Come on!" He scoffed

He started walking away quickly, it was hard to keep up. We walked to the first floor and I grabbed his sleeve.

"What's your name?"

"My name... Is Yakov, you were going to find out eventually." He hesitated

"So why did you take the burn earlier?"

"You shouldn't be questioning me, I should question you!"

This was the moment I realized that Yakov is thick skulled. It'll be difficult trying to get close to him.

――――――――☾☁︎☽――――――――

Thank you for reading and voting! This is my first story, so I hope it's good. If you have any advice I would gladly appreciate it!