Wings Of Hope Part 1

SOMEWHERE IN THE NORTH PACIFIC

Two creatures zoomed through the sky disturbing the creatures from below, even some of the ocean's greatest predators were not ready to challenge these beasts.

Valkyrie and Phoenix are traveling back to Isla Nublar after their crushing defeat, and Phoenix was not taking it well. In fact he actually wanted to fly back just to finish off their target and kill a few more on the way but he knows that Valkyrie would definitely tell Alpha about this if he did so he just had to follow his rival back to their base.

One the other hand, Valkyrie could care less if he couldn't finish his mission, at least he knows that Connie is safe and that's all the matters to him, but there is one problem.

If Phoenix reports to Alpha that Valkyrie had struck him with his Lightning Stream then what will he do? If he tries to kill Valkyrie then he'll try his best to escape and he doesn't care if he does have an army of Hyper Hybrids searching for Connie, he knows where she is and nothing will stop him from protecting her, not Alpha, not Phoenix, nothing.

It was at that point that Valkyrie began thinking, why did Buddy look as if he wasn't bothered by Connie being there? Was he not angry at her for betraying them on Kauai? This was odd because he thought that the Tyrannosaurus would have been furious even after Connie had protected him.

Could that mean that Buddy is taking care of her? Or rather he and those Pteranodons that live with him? Buddy has shown an unusual amount of affection towards them so it's clear he does have some connection with them, but what?

Connie did mention something to him about Buddy being an adopted son of two of those Pteranodons, is that why he isn't trying to turn them into his next meal? He's never heard of any other species taking care of a T-rex, it's just unheard of since even though they start out small they can develop and mature into one of the most ferocious killing machines on the planet.

If he really was adopted by those Pteranodons then it's quite surprising that they were fine with raising what is essentially a guard dog for them, but is he really nothing more than that? Or is there a deeper connection with them that Valkyrie doesn't fully understand? From what he remembers they actually do care about him so maybe he's more than just somebody who they use to get their way.

But why didn't they just eat him when he was younger so they could feed their young? Pteranodons are known to take young dinosaurs and feed them to their children so why wasn't Buddy given the same treatment? Did his birth parents have some kind of bond with the Pteranodons that raised him? Couldn't they ignore him and not care at all? He's not their responsibility since he's somebody else's child.

But Valkyrie knows deep down that he's no different, he could've eaten the eggs of many dinosaurs back in the day, yet he went through the trouble of trying to find their parents to bring the eggs back to them. Just thinking about this made Valkyrie feel bad.

He went from being a hero to many creatures, to somebody who is feared just by saying his name. Is this really the life he wants for himself? He doesn't have to keep forcing himself to do this, he could set out to find other creatures to help him take down Alpha and free him and his daughter from his wrath but fear always takes hold, and fear always works on him, it's because he's been overprotective of Connie ever since he lost his mate. So much so that he placed her on the highest mountain on Kauai.

"You blew it you moron! We could've taken them down right there!" Phoenix broke the silence, and Valkyrie was not having any of this.

"We could, and we could've also been destroyed. Did you see how many of them were there? Not to mention they had a Phoenix Guardian, I only killed one before but he didn't put up much of a fight, this one isn't going to go down as easily as the last one I encountered." Valkyrie retorted.