Chapter 5 Spencer, Toby & Adalyn

Start from the beginning

"Good, Adalyns at work, you need to talk to her about going to college, she needs to get out, I swear she hasn't done much of anything but work since her and Matt broke up."

"Maybe she don't want to go to college, I mean Kylie didn't go, so maybe she don't either, and maybe she don't want to date again, or get married, it's all up to her mom, I'm not going to talk her into doing something she don't want to okay?"

Spencer rolls her eyes "Fine, I saw the picture of you and Chase at the game the other day, it was so cute, you guys are so cute together"

Penny smiles as they walk to produce "Aw thanks mom, it was a lot of fun, I enjoy going with him."

"It looks like it, I bet your kids will love it too. I was never a baseball person, so I don't fully understand."

"Yeah, wait kids? We don't have kids." Penny sighs knowing where this conversation was going

"I know you don't, but when you do, by the way, when is that going to be? Your 24 now your getting old."

Penny groans "Mom we don't have kids and we don't want any as of now okay, can you please stop, everytime you call me you bring it up and it is annoying." Chase looks at Penny knowing what they were talking about. The full truth is not just that they don't want a baby, but when they were first trying to get pregnant Penelope was having a hard conceiving, so they decided that they should wait a while before they try again.

"I just don't get why, is he bad in bed or something?" Spencer asks with a chuckle

"Mom!" Her face turns red on the other side of the phone "No that isn't why!"

Toby was listening to the conversation and walks in taking the phone from Spencer "Okay, your done." Spencer looks at him "Excuse me?"

"Your done embarrassing and getting in the middle of our daughters marriage." He says and puts the phone up to his ear "Penny?"

"Hi dad." She smiles

"I'm sorry your mother don't know when to shut the hell up." He glances over at Spencer "She likes to be in everyones businesses, you are only 24 you don't need a kid yet or at all if you guys don't want one, so don't listen to her okay?"

"Yes, thank you"

"Your welcome sweetie, now come home and visit sometime, we miss you guys."

"we will, we miss you too."

"Okay, well i'll let you guys finish your shopping, bye."

"Bye." She says and they both hang up.

"Spencer you need to stop it!" Toby says putting the phone down and looking at her.

"Stop what? I didn't do anything." She crosses her arms

"Stop telling them they need to have a baby, stay out of their damn business, there could be so many reasons on why they aren't and you really don't need to worry about any of them! Your going to make her stop talking to you, you know that right?"

"I'm her mother, shes not going to stop talking to me."

"Sure about that? There was a time when you and your mom hardly ever talked, and when you were, you guys were fighting, do you want to have that kind of relationship with Penelope?" Toby asks

Spencer shakes her head and mumbles "No."

"Then stop bringing it up, before you know it she will be telling you shes pregnant, but until then you need to knock it off okay?"

"Fine." She sighs

At Starbucks Adalyn was working, a large rush just came in, but now it was quite slow. A really cute guy about a year older then her walked in, he came in everyday, well at least everyday she worked, she always thought they were cute, but they never said much to each other.

"Hey Adalyn" He smiles as she was about to ask him what she wanted

"Hey, how did you know my name?" She looks at him confused.

"Your name tag." he points to it and smiles

She blushes and chuckles "Oh yeah, duh."

He smiles "Thats a really pretty name, unique I like it."

"Thanks, I hated it growing up, but I guess it's okay." She was trying to stop blushing

He could see her blushing as he was flirting with her.

"So what would you like?" She asks trying to brake the awkward silence they have created

"One Mocha Cappuccino venti, for Andrew and your number" He smirks 

She started writing Andrew then thought for a second then smiled and wrote her number down, got his drink and handed it to him

"There you go Andrew" She smiles 

"I like you, you actually gave me your number, I'll call you tonight, we can maybe go out soon" He smiles and she bites her lip and nods "Okay." 

Later that evening Spencer and Toby were laying in bed, reading together before going to bed. 

Adalyn was laying in her room on the phone with Andrew laughing and enjoying their conversation.

Spencer could hear her in the other room and looks over at Toby and smiles, he heard Addy too and knew exactly why Spencer was smiling, and smiled back.

Authors Note: Chapter 5 for you, once again 2 chapters on one day. I hope you guys are actually reading and voting and commenting and enjoying this books. Because if not I will stop writing. Please 7 votes and 80 reads at least for chapter 6! Thanks again for reading, it means a lot love you all!

-S