Chapter 14

Ali woke up to Kits face directly in front of her, she gently unwrapped herself from his arms and grabbed her phone, it was 6:30am much later than what time she would normally get up, but she didn't mind. Ali knew she needed to get up to go workout but struggled remove herself from the bed, so she opened up Instagram on her phone and scrolled through for a while until deciding to post some pictures from the night before. 

The group had taken multiple selfies during the concert, and she had the pictures that her and Kit had taken too. She created a post with a handful of the pictures that she had; one of her and Will all sweaty in the club afterwards, another of herself, Joe, and Bash at the concert they all hand their arms wrapped around each other with massive smiles on their faces. She included a picture of herself with a huge grin on her face holding up her VIP lanyard and included a photo of Baby Queen on stage with her pink guitar and tiara on. Ali decided to put the picture of herself and Kit as the first one from the selection, she tagged everyone in the post and captioned it

'Thank you @BabyQueen101 for the best night, being so close to you nearly made me faint! 🥵. Also, big shoutout to this amazing group of people I had the pleasure of spending the whole weekend with, love you all❤️.

Ali finally dragged herself out of bed at 7, making sure not to wake Kit in the process, she headed towards Wills room and to her surprise he wasn't in bed; she walked towards the kitchen and saw Will leaning against the kitchen counter with a glass of water in his hand and his other hand resting on his temples. Being sure not to startle him she walked up towards him and gently hugged him from behind 'Morning bestie, how are you feeling?' she asked softly. 'Urgh, I feel like shit, I only got up to grab some water. Anyway, I noticed that Mr Connor is not asleep on the couch, would you have something to do with that? Is he may be asleep in the spare bedroom where you've just crept out of?' Will looked at her with raised eyebrows, Ali smiled and covered her face with her hands 'yes maybe he did sleep in the bed with me'.

'So does that mean something happened then, please, please tell meeee' Will had perked up a bit now as he begged Ali to tell him what had happen last night

'... and then he kissed me, it was amazing it still feels like a dream' Ali finished catching Will up on what happened, she was now beaming with a smile on her face stretching from ear to ear.

'That sounds amazing Ali, I haven't seen you this happy since you were announced as England captain' Will said as he pulled her into a hug. 'Right, now I'm all caught up I need to go back to bed before I throw up' he started to walk back to his room 'I'll see you in a few hours' he shouted before closing his door.

Ali decided she really needed to go to the gym now, she crept into the spare room and grabbed her stuff as she was walking back out of the room Kit grabbed her arm

'Hey where are you going?' he said with a soft but husky voice. Ali crouched down to get to Kit's level 'I'm just going to the gym; I'll be back soon okay' she leant forward and kissed the top of Kits head; his eyes were still closed but a smile formed on his face as he rolled over grabbing one of the pillows Ali had been sleeping on earlier.

Ali ran to the gym a bit slower than usual due to the lack of sleep, she had her motivational playlist blasting in her ears, but she couldn't stop replaying her kiss with Kit over and over in her head. What does this mean for them now? She was going home today when is the next time she'll see him? Ali stayed in the gym for two hours, working out until sweat was dripping off her and her mind was finally distracted from thinking about Kit. She decided to walk back to the apartment, completely avoiding the coffee shop in case she bumped into the boy that asked for her number the other day, she couldn't deal with that awkwardness today.

As she walked into the apartment she was greeted by Rupert, it was now 9:30 a reasonable enough time to try and wake Kit up she thought. When she walked into the bedroom she was greeted with the most peaceful sight; Kit Connor sleeping soundly cuddling up to a pillow, all she wanted to do was jump straight back into bed and cuddle him, but she was covered in sweat so decided to take a shower first. When she was all showered and clean, she walked back into the bedroom unfortunately Kit was not in the bed anymore and her heart sank a bit, she got dressed and headed into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast and a post workout smoothie.

'Hi gorgeous' Kit said as Ali walked into the kitchen

'You talking to me or the mirror KitKat' she said in a flirty way as she breezed past him towards the fridge to grab the stuff she needed for breakfast, 'did you sleep okay? You looked so cosy this morning I almost couldn't get out of bed'

'Yeah, I slept amazingly actually, would have been better if I woke up to the girl I fell asleep with' Kit said sarcastically looking at Ali with raised eyebrows

'Sorry about that, I really wanted to stay in bed, but I can't have two off days in a row even if a cute boy is sleeping next to me'

'I get it don't worry' Kit said as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and lay his head on her shoulder 'do you want me to make you some breakfast, my avocado on toast will blow your mind' he asked so sweetly 'I was actually going to offer to make you breakfast, you did enough for me yesterday it's only fair' Ali replied.

Kit smiled 'sounds good to me, and a smoothie too yeah?' 'you don't ask for much do you KitKat' she smiled back at his as he went and sat at one of the bar stools. Ali started making the breakfast making general conversation with Kit as she did.

'So, how's filming going then? Will says you've still got a couple of weeks left until you're finished' Ali asked as she started mashing up some avocado

'It's going well yeah, I'm so excited to see the final product this show means so much to us all its going to be surreal when people can actually watch it; I'm nervous if I'm honest but a good nervous, probably the same feeling you get before you play a match'

'I totally understand what you mean, I get so nervous before every match even though I've played for years. I can't wait to finally be able to watch the show, I love Alice's work it really helped me when I was figuring out my sexuality. I was actually the one who told Will to go to the casting call' she looked up at Kit when she finished talking, he didn't even seem to take in the comment about her sexuality which she liked but she didn't want to seem like she was keeping anything from him, Ali is now completely comfortable about who she it.

'I'm bisexual by the way, I hope that doesn't put you off or anything' Ali said nervously, she really didn't want to mess anything up with Kit

'Why would that put me off?' he questioned 'I'm unlabelled myself, if you're comfortable in your sexuality it really shouldn't be anyone else's business and it defiantly isn't someone else's thing to comment on' Kit flashed Ali a smile, she never realised that after only 4 days she could like someone this much. She put down the knife she was currently using and walked over to Kit, enveloping him into a big hug 'thank you for understanding, you really are amazing' she whispered in Kits ear before turning back round and getting back to making the breakfast.

After they finished eating Kit went to get a shower as he walked towards the bathroom Ali shouted, 'don't worry Kit, I promise not to walk in on you again!', Kit laughed loudly and walked into the bathroom.

Ali sat down on the couch and checked her phone, clinking on her Instagram she noticed that she had a load of notifications. When she clicked on the post that she posted earlier she noticed it had received over 2000 likes and many comments

@YasminF: We love you too girl! Can't wait to see you again soon❤️ also the picture of you and @Kit.Connor is adorable!!

Liked by @Kit.connor and 250 others

@Kit.Connor: You looked 🥵 it was such a good night, round 2 soon!!

@Joe.Locke replied: I second what he said, we love you Ali maybe more than we love @Will.Gao🤭

@TobieD: WE LOVE YOU TOO!!

@Kizzy.Edgell: @BabyQueen101 you were amazing, we had the best time as you can probably tell. Can't wait to see you again Ali, we'll be at your next match❤️

Liked by @YasminF, @Joe.Locker and 4 others

@User4579: I'm so jealous, she's brilliant

@User2097: Hope you had a great time, I am coming to watch your next London Pulse match, I can't wait

Liked by @Ali.Tate

@TashaF: Looks like you had a boss time, hope you're not too tired for another week of training! Also @Kit.Connor hope you're treating her well otherwise you'll have the whole England netball team to answer to🫠

Liked by @Kit.Connor

@Ali.Tate replied: Shut it you I'll still be running rings around you tomorrow don't you worry😚