Chapter 6

As morning broke, Ali's 5am alarm blared throughout the apartment, the sound startled her and she jumped quickly to turn it off hoping that it hadn't woken up Kit or Will. She pulled on her jumper and headed towards the bathroom, she brushed her teeth and washed her face, heading back to the room to get dressed.

 While she was on her way back to the spare bedroom, she snook a look in the living room where a sleeping Kit was hanging off the side of the couch, she couldn't help but feel guilty for making him sleep on the couch so she decided to wake him up so he could go sleep in her bed for a few hours before he had to get up for work. Ali walked quietly up to the couch and shook Kits shoulder, he stirred lightly but didn't wake up. She tried again, shaking him a bit harder this time and she whispered in his ear as his eyes half opened, 'Kit, hey, Kit' Ali whispered, Kit grunted as a reply signalling that he was listening 'I'm going out on my run and to work out now, the spare bed is free if you want to go have a few hours' sleep', he nodded lightly and picked himself up to walk towards the room. Ali followed him as she hadn't got ready to workout yet, Kit flung himself on the bed nestling into the pillows to which Ali could not hold her giggle back. Kit looked at her with tired eyes as she grabbed her training kit to go get changed in the bathroom, she turned the light off as she left leaving Kit with a small smile on his face; her heart fluttered at the sight. Once she was done getting ready she crept into Wills room, leaving him a note, a glass of fresh water and two pain killers as she knew his hangovers could be terrible.

Ali chose to listen to one of her favourite podcasts whilst working out, one in which always made her feel motivated and empowered for the rest of the day; this was also the only possible way Ali could think of to help her take her mind off Kit and how adorable he looked when she had left him in the bed. She worked out for nearly 2 hours and then decided to jog back to the apartment as it was only about 20 minutes away, hoping that both boys would be awake by the time she got there. 

As she jingled her spare keys in the door, she heard a faint cry coming from the other side, knowing this as Rupert's hungry cry, Ali headed to the kitchen and fed Rupert with one of the sachets she found in the cupboard, hoping that she gave him enough. While she was lost in this thought, Will walked into the kitchen looking like hell, she jumped as he lent his head on her shoulder feeling sorry for himself.

'Hey AliPie' he said with a husky voice

'Hello William' Ali replied 'is someone feeling sorry for themselves today' she said smugly

Will nodded not being able to string together a coherent sentence

'How did I get home last night? I don't even remember leaving the restaurant'

'Oh well me and Kit had the delight of carrying you up 7 flights of stairs and tucking you into bed'

Will look mortified but also gave Ali a cheeky grin, 'what's that face for?' Ali questioned

'Nothing, nothing. I'm guessing you found out that Kit is kinda living here at the moment then' he looked at her slyly

'Yeah, it came up, he offered to sleep on the sofa so I could have the bed but when I got up this morning for my workout he looked so uncomfy I made him get up and move into the bed in the spare room'

Will nodded and smirked at her 'he's such a gentleman isn't he' Will said.

'Yeah, I guess he is' replied Ali.

Will went and plopped himself down on the couch much to Rupert's delight, his owner was finally able to give him some much-needed attention.

'Hey, do you want a smoothie, I'll make something that's good for hangovers' Ali shouted from the kitchen not realising that it was still 8 in the morning