Chapter 10

Ali tossed and turned all night but couldn't get to sleep, she kept looking at her phone especially looking at Kits Instagram story of the two of them, she didn't know whether it was because she was really tired but she started getting upset. She sat up in bed trying to shake the thoughts out of her mind but they wouldn't budge, so she decided to quietly sneak into Wills room as she needed to talk to someone about what she was feeling.

Ali climbed under Wills duvet and gently started stroking his head, Will sleepily said 'Al is that you? Because if its not I suggest you leave right now Kit' Ali started to giggle; as Will woke up some more he wrapped his arms around her and pulling her into a tight cuddle.

'Hey, what's got you sneaking in here, is there something wrong?' Will asked as he looked at her

'Oh its nothing I'm just being silly, I can't sleep and I started getting upset. I just needed a bestie cuddle'

'You know you can always count on me for one of those Ali' Will said as he pulled her in tighter, 'so what's on your mind? Do you wanna talk about it?'

'Well, I dunno really, I'm just having all these thoughts and feelings all at once. If you couldn't already tell, which you probably can because you know me better than I know myself, I really fancy Kit and I feel like maybe he likes me too, he's been really flirty and when we were watching the film earlier, he was holding my hand' Ali took a breath and continued before Will could interject with a comment.

'But the problem is my brain keeps on telling me that I'm not good enough for him, that he's only doing all these things in a friendly way because that's just the kind of person he is. I dunno, I just feel self-conscious at the moment, I'm not used to having so much attention from one person especially someone as gorgeous as Kit Connor!'. Ali had finally finished her rant; she spoke so quickly she didn't even realise she had started crying.

'Oh AliPie, come here' Will said as he kissed the hop of her head 'I don't know why you can even think this stuff about yourself, you're the most amazing person in the world, you bring happiness to everyone who knows you and you are the most gorgeous person inside and out. I hate seeing you like this so I'm going to tell you something, but you have to promise not to tell anyone okay?'

Ali nodded 'Okayyy' she said with confusion in her voice

'So, I spoke to a certain ginger boy today and can you guess what our topic of discussion was?' Ali shook her head but was hoping that he was going to say her

'Urgh, you're so slow sometimes. We were talking about you obviously! He couldn't stop gushing over how beautiful you were and how much he fancies you and to maybe make you feel even better he has the same worries as you, that he isn't good enough for you. I know you hate talking about your feelings but maybe you should talk to him' Will finished by lifting up Ali's head by her chin so she was staring right at him. 'Thank you for telling me that Willy but even with your encouragement I will not be speaking to him about these feelings, I'm just going to see how it goes'

'Okay that's fine I guess, just know you can always talk to me about this stuff and I love you so much I just want you to be happy'

'I love you too Will, do you mind if I stay in here tonight?'

'Of course not you know I love having you with me'

And with that the pair closed their eyes and went to sleep.

Ali woke up to the smell of bacon and the sound of music, she sat up, stretched, and headed towards the kitchen to see what was going on. She was greeted by a sight she thought she'd never see; Will and Kit were both dancing round the kitchen to Harry Styles pretending the kitchen utensils were microphones, she couldn't help but let out a loud laugh which she thought would startle the boys however it did the opposite. Both boys grabbed one of her hands each and started dancing round the kitchen with her making her do spins, she couldn't stop giggling and smiling. When the song ended, they let her go, ushering her to sit down.

'Well, a good morning to you both too' she said still giggling

'Morning bestie' Will said

'Morning Alexandra' Kit spoke softly with a husky tone probably due to too much singing. 'We're making pancakes and bacon if you're interested, I know you're still in training but I'm sure you can take a break for one day' Kit smiled so sweetly she couldn't say no.

'I'll never say no to pancakes' she replied with a smile matching his.

Once they were all finished Ali started to clean up the empty plates to put them in the dishwasher, 'so what are we doing today then? Didn't you say you had something planned Will?' she said.

'Yeah I've booked us to go see a show on at the local palladium, well it's not really a show its actually a concert for this really cool singer, you've probably heard of her Al, you know who Baby Queen is don't you?' Wills smile grew on his face as he saw his best friend sitting there in astonishment.

'Wait what! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! WERE GOING TO SEE BABY QUEEN' at this point Ali was bouncing around the kitchen like a child who had just been told they were going to Disneyland. She bounced over to Will and flung her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

'WILL YOU'RE THE BEST' she screamed, Will hugged her back and laughed. 'what time do I need to be ready for I can't be going to see the queen herself looking like this can I'

'you need to be ready by 5, were all meeting up for dinner and then heading straight there'

'we? So, it's not just me and you going?' Ali questioned him

'No, no all the cast are coming, they all love her too and we thought it would be a fun night out' Will replied, 'even Kit is coming' Will looked over at Kit who was sat on one of the bar stools, he looked up at her and smiled 'if that's okay with you Alexandra' he said. She ran over to him giving him a hug from behind 'of course that's okay!' she exclaimed nearly bursting the poor boys ear drum 'I'm so excited'. She ran off into her room and grabbed her phone, she snapped a quick selfie of herself and posted it to her Instagram story with the caption 'Guess who is going to see the Queen tonight!😆 and by Queen I obviously mean @babyqueen101!!! Thank you to my bestie for arranging this❤️'.

As Ali had been so busy last night she hadn't had the time to check her notifications, she'd gained 50 new followers and she had 6 unread messages in her netball team group chat, she clicked on the chat to read the messages.

England Netball U21s🌹

HannahP: Oh my god @Ali Tate who is that absolute dream boat on your Instagram story???

OliviaC: My thoughts exactly he is so handsome, I stalked his Instagram and realised how I know him, he was in this really funny film Slaughterhouse Rulez. Are you friends with him Al?🤭

JessS: I know what film you're on about Liv, is he the little ginger boy? there's no way that's him on Ali's story, he's about 15 isn't he?

TashaF: Are you going out with him Al? If not I'm available😉

The rest of the messages read quite similarly, all her teammates were now gushing over Kit and wondering whether they were a thing, Ali couldn't think of what to say to them.

AliT: Hahaha, yeah that is Kit who was in Slaughterhouse, Will is currently filming a new show with him so we've been hanging out and no we defiantly are not a thing, also Tasha you have a girlfriend remember🤣

TashaF: oh yeah, I do remember but I know a gorgeous boy when I see one and that he is defiantly one of them! 😍

JessS: I second that Tash! Did he go training with you Al? How did he get on? We can barely keep up with you in the gym😂

AliT: Yeah he did, he said he can barely move today every muscle in his body is aching 😅 Anyway, I've got to start getting ready we're going to see Baby Queen tonight!!!

HannahP: Amazing Al! I hope you have the best time!

With that Ali came out of WhatsApp and went onto sportify, she connected her phone to her wireless speaker and started blasting Baby Queens hit song Buzzkill.