CANNOT WAIT

CHAPTER NINE: CANNOT WAIT

" boy, I can't wait to get next to you "
- doja cat (can't wait)

Ryland does admit that he is not an expert in love, he's not good at it and despite pulling an incredible amount of girls around him, it always ends up with him giving them everything and gets himself heartbroken in the process.

Of course he's asked himself multiple times what went wrong or maybe he was the problem, his parents told him that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him.

"Bulag ka ba o tangatangahan lang? All of them are idiots, and you became the idiot one because you're so in love with them." Brent said without hesitation.

Yael and the others in the family were frozen with Brent's words, they were not expecting him to be this truthful towards Ryland who is currently tipsy after a few sips of beer.

Ryland hates his own twin brother sometimes but he knows... he knows he's right.

"Ilang beses na na'ming sinabi sa'yo na isipin mo muna kung tama ba yung babaeng yo'n. We told you that she fucked with Silas, she liked Silas... not you."

"Brent!"

"Yun ang gusto mong marinig, 'di ba?" Brent stands up and finished his whole glass of beer then brings her attention back to Ryland.

"Pagod na 'ko, pagod na kami kakasabi na okay ka lang, na walang problema sa'yo, sila yo'n, blah blah... but the truth is may problema ka rin!"

Brent might be... a bit drunk.

Ryland just kept listening to Brent, even though it hurt and it was a bit harsh, it was the undeniable truth and he knew to himself that he had to hear it.

"You let them in! You keep choosing women who will hurt you! Yung mga mahilig sa'kin o tipo si Silas, o tipo yung mga kaibigan na'tin. Please lang, maghanap ka ng babaeng mamahalin ka, gago ka!"

Ryland wanted to cry, he blames the beer to his emotions.

"Alam ko! Putangina mo!"

Ryland is indeed a crybaby, and that's a fact and not some image that he used to give a good impression to anybody.

"Putangina ka rin! Gago!"

"Ikaw gago!"

From that night on, Ryland made sure that the next woman he's meeting would be different.

Not some woman who's obsessed with any of his male friends or would choose someone else because he's too nice, or they don't think they don't deserve him.

He will find someone who will love him for him and that someone... will rightfully deserve his love and whole heart this time around.

He was picky, he was guarded now, he pays attention to details and their body language.

And then... then he met Megan.

Megan Reid who liked him.

Megan Reid who does not hesitate to flirt with him.

Megan Reid who can have any man she wants without hesitation.

Megan Reid who chose him.

Fuck, someone that hot and gorgeous likes him?

It was not just her beauty or flirtations that somewhat turned him into a mess.