⊱2⊰

I woke up to a loud ringing.

I sat up quickly as possible with a horrified look on my eyes.

I observed my surroundings a bit more as I realized I was just in my room while the ringing was from my alarm clock.

I then calmed down as I tried to process what had happened because the only sentence that could come out of my mouth was—

"What type of fucking dream was that."

It was scarier and weirder than most dreams that had occurred like sending a middle finger to some ginger then seeing some person eat the gasoline I was supposed to be teaching how to walk

'Maybe it was just a dream but it felt extremely real to be one. Is this what you call a lucid dream? But it is said that if you are in one, you are able to control it.. I couldn't.. But if it isn't a lucid dream, then what was it?'

"And how did I even get back here?" I questioned aloud.

I then put the thought aside and tried to concentrate on what was going on around me.

I scanned the calendar, and saw that a day has already passed ever since my birthday.

I decided to get ready for school and went downstairs.

As I was on walking down the stairs, I saw my mother cooking breakfast for two people...

That's something she never does. She only prepares food for herself...

I then shook my head, trying to focus on my main goal, reasoned that she might be giving it away to someone.

I chose not to think anything of it and proceeded to the door. "Where are you going? You must eat breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day, you know."

I looked at my mother, looked around, and pointed to myself, asking whether she was referring to me. I walked awkwardly towards her after she nodded. "Here's your sandwich, have a wonderful time at your new school!"

I looked down and headed to the door, bidding farewell to my mother, who smiled while washing the dishes in response.

I tried different reasons why she did something she wouldn't usually do as I finally stepped outdoors.

If she was my mother then she would never give me one as she is always preoccupied with work. Why would she offer me one? Is she not my real mother? Am I overthinking?

The abrupt change in her behavior made me uncomfortable.

Maybe something good happened?

I then put the dumb thought out of my mind and began to take a look around. I spotted several TVs playing inside a shop that faced the window, which everyone outside could see.

I decided to watch for a few moments before pondering the location of my school.

"Wait. I moved to a new school? Where did I even move to?"

The dumb confusion on my face made me look like a moron.

I stopped and just tried to find directions to where my 'new school'
might be.

I thought it would be good to listen to music for now.

I was about to put on my headphones and start playing to music until I heard a feminine voice spoke.

"Hello!.."

I turn my head to the voice as I saw a female who's nearly invisible. My eyes widen in shock as I froze, not moving an inch.