Love In Understanding - Ch.35

Começar do início

It was hard for Gaara to put into words nor thoughts as to just why the Uzumaki had become such a fixation for him. The very ways he carried himself almost breathing inspiration to the once unhinged killer. Fidgeting pale digits, he couldn't help but to stare deep into the patterned wood below. Choking deeply on his thoughts and the odd tingling sensation it left shivering up his spine. The same feeling he had when he had first realised his feelings for the other - Alone in his darkened room, staring at the ceiling with nothing but the comfort of the wind and his demon's incessant talking. Lost in his lonesome thoughts to the visions of a smiling blonde who brought the ideas of meaning and purpose to his existence.
It was the one night after their battle that had ended up changing his life forever- for the better.

"Aren't you worried though?" Gaara cut through, finally able to pull some semblance of control over the coursing river of his emotions and thoughts. Glancing up to the other as food arrived to their table. Taking the chance to busy his hands with something whilst he handed over small plates of meat to his now called boyfriend. "Worried about what?" Naruto chimed in, sensing the other's hesitations and anxiety in the subtle ways his voice broke. A difficult thing to pick up on through the natural rasp of the sand nin's voice, yet something the Uzumaki had already been able to identify since the night they confessed their shared feelings. "What if I.. snap. What if I break again and go back to the way I was... before."

Gaara muttered softly, watching the blonde before him add the raw sliced meats to the simmering broth and copying his actions timidly. Unsure if he was doing it right. "Well... I guess if that happens, I'll just have to fight n' knock heads with ya again 'yanno!" The blonde laughed out. Trying to make light of the worrying question his newfound love had brought up. Letting a seriousness take hold as he placed the plate in his hand down and reached across to take hold of the other. "We'll work it out ya? No one changes over night- but I'll make sure it doesn't happen.. Believe me." Using a tanned thumb, he ran it softly over the porcelain pale knuckles of the red haired vessel. Earning a soft 'hm' in agreeing reply. Happy that he could bring some form of peace to the others cloudy mind. "I'm.. glad." Gaara spoke up softly, shying away from the physical affection in the other's touch. Still not used to the sensation of having another caress him. "I'm glad that I can talk to you too." He admit finally after a short pause. Peridot hues glancing upward to the ceiling as the low audible rolling of thunder sent vibrations through the restaurant. Un-nerving the previously startled nin.

"How often does it storm here in your village?" Gaara changed the subject sharply. Wanting to feel more comfortable in the presence of the one he felt true affections for. Bringing up his bowl of rice as the blonde picked out the already cooked meats from the pot. Serving the both of them as the vessel glanced out the window to the darkened clouds above. Curious as to how a country like this could see so many storms yet his own could have so few. "Probably about once or twice a month? It's not always this bad though. We're just in the rainy season being fall 'n all." Naruto shrugged, not minding the sudden shift in their conversation. "You guys really don't get much rain in Suna do you?" He asked, cocking his head to the side in curiosity as the other replied silently with the shake of his head. "No.. We get a heavy rainstorm once a year which we use to replenish the underground reservoirs and water tanks... But other then that, no. Nothing like.. this." He said simply, enchanted by the still heavy downpour of rain that battered mercilessly at the windows of the restaurant. Wondering just what his village could do with so much water.

"Man... Once a year! I don't think I could survive that." Naruto laughed. Cheeks stuffed full of cooked meats and other items. Causing the redhead to stifle a choked laugh, having been caught far off guard by the other's somewhat foolish look. "I don't think I could survive here where it rains so often." He retorted gently. A small truth to his statement. When soaked, his sand became difficult to lift and wield - leaving him open to the attacks of enemies apart from fully vulnerable to the elements themselves. No matter how deep his newly understood love for the nine-tailed host before him might be, he was sure there would be no way he could give up the arid deserts of his homeland for the lush and well watered fields of the Leaf. But that was something the two could discuss another time. For now, the vessel wanted to enjoy this moment and soak in the strange new experiences the village had to offer him.