The disgusted look on Kara's face as she gestured toward the bowl of kale on the table made Diana chuckle.

How mortified can someone be to some greens?

Diana takes a sip of her wine.

Focus, she reminds herself.

What she is about to ask the young lady in front of her may seem to be child's play, considering all the experiences she had, but, under their circumstances, it is wiser for her to ask.

Playing it cool, her poker face is on. Diana Price put her glass down on the table.

"What if, we give 'them', something to talk about?"

A quick glance toward the reporters not too far from them keeps the oblivious Kara Danvers informed about the 'them' Diana was talking about.

Certainly, this caught the interest of the youngest Danvers.

A mischievous smile appeared on her face.

"What do you have in mind?", Kara asked so eagerly.

She had to fight the urge to grin from ear to ear. Diana moved her seat next to the blonde. She then leans closer to her.

"All I'm saying is a kiss won't hurt.", she whispered in Kara's ear.

Kara Danvers swear her heart stopped beating for a moment there. Obviously, she is not a prude. She has kissed and done more than that but... this is Diana Prince!

A woman she admired for years and they are not exactly dating.

It's just an act.

Diana observed as the colour drained from Kara's face. The playfulness that was just there is nowhere to be found. A bitter feeling strikes her heart.

Does the thought of kissing her scare the blonde that much?

"Hey, if you don't want to, it's okay, sunshine."

The reporter's eyes widen. Panic was written on her face.

Oh no, she didn't mean to make Diana feel rejected. The blonde immediately grabs the older woman's hand.

Why did I do that? She is confused about her actions.

All she knows is she doesn't like the way Diana's face is etched with pain. She hated the way the older woman's eyes roamed across the room, avoiding eye contact, as though she couldn't bear to look her in the eye.

"I didn't say no."

Doubt can still be seen on Diana's face. She has yet to look at the blonde.

Kara doesn't like that.

She didn't know where she got the courage but she gently reached out to touch the older woman's face. She softly turns her head.

Their eyes finally locked.

"A kiss won't hurt", Kara assured.

Diana observed the younger blonde face for a flicker of scepticism, like a small ember of doubt that threatened to burst into flame.

She couldn't find it.

Her confidence slowly creeps back.

"You're certain, sunshine?"

Kara merely grins.

A tiny voice at the back of her mind is telling her to stop. A bugging feeling that makes her want to run away. Diana didn't know it but the reporter was trying her best to relax yet the unknown tension was making her shoulder stiff.

Underneath the table, she is curling her toes to stop herself from fidgeting. Her expression remains soft and gentle but she is grinning her teeth a little too hard.

The hero of National City is not certain, still, her head nods to reassure the older woman in front of her.

Diana didn't catch the hesitancy.

No one ever does.

Only Lena.

A bitter taste overwhelms her throat as her best friend comes into her mind.

She quickly brushed it off.

Jumping at her chance, Diana leans closer to her. A smile was carved on her face. A genuine one.

At the back of her head, the wonder woman laughed at herself. Feeling so happy for a mere kiss. It was as if she never kissed before. Butterflies in her stomach make her feel like the world slowed down just for this moment.

Her moment with her sunshine.

As she was getting closer to the blonde, she gently closed her eyes.

Tightening her fist. Wanting to immerse herself in the moment, Kara too, closed her eyes, anticipating a quick peck from the goddess in front of her.

"KARA DANVERS.", a voice came just a few feet away from her.

It was firm. Full of disbelief, a hint of anger. Yet what she can tell from the voice is... hurt.

The voice was a familiar one. It was one that she knew too well.

The blond immediately turns to look around to find, her best friend, Lena Luthor.