Chapter 10: Warehouse Brawl

Começar do início

...I'm close to pitying them, but If they didn't want to die, they wouldn't have touched us.

...

Texas reaches the mobsters, somehow free of any bullet wounds.

With a simple slash, one is down.

The second mobster reaches for his pocket and begins to pull a knife out, his gun out of bullets.

His arm is gone before the knife gets to the open air.

Not hesitating, the third mobster finally sees that he isn't going to get through the ice, so he takes the next best option.

With a flash of something in his eyes, he runs through the red mist coming from the second mobster's body and begins rushing toward me and Sora, reaching for something in his jacket.

Exusiai and Texas both get their weapons up. Texas runs to him but is slowed by the bodies in her way. Exusiai manages to get a couple bullets down, but nothing connects due to a bad angle.

...

I pull out my revolver, curious to how Originium arts power a gun.

Might as well learn to do it now rather than when facing an actually powerful enemy.

The mobster slightly hesitates seeing a gun pointed at his head, but he continues to-

*BOOM*

He falls to the ground, coming out of his jacket is a grenade. His hands still on it.

...

Texas sighs seeing the carnage and takes a seat on a barrel that was sparred from the fight.

Sora walks up to me, taking it easy, "Is that all of them? I wouldn't think that their leader would be so weak to kill like that."

"That wasn't their leader." I respond calling back my memory. Going by the story, we're supposed to be in a stalemate with mafiosos, so it wouldn't end here.

I'm pretty sure Gambino was supposed to show up here as well, and I doubt the event's story changed just due to my presence.

Exusiai jumps down while I try to figure out where to go from here.

I allow my walls to melt while Sora slightly leans on me.

A moment of peace ensues.

...

Gunshots are thrown out across the warehouse.

Texas ducks behind the barrel. I make an ice wall in front of me and Sora while pulling Exusiai behind it, hiding us from the swarm of bullets.

The shots come from where the ice walls were before, and through a reflection from the window, the target is clear.

Its Gambino.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He empties a full clip before heading to reload.

15, maybe 20 men stand behind him all holding their guns as well, about half of them reloading while the other continue shooting.

...

I look to Texas. She's safe, but can't find a good time to jump out and attack. When the other half of the mobsters run out of bullets, the first half is done reloading and already back to shooting.

I see Croissant from the corner of my eye burst through a wall, Bison behind her. No one else seems to notice, the sound of the wall crumbling being reduced to nothing through the hail of gunshots.