Chapter 18-Darling Little One

Always and forever,
You shall not walk alone.
My heart will be your shelter,
And my arms will be your home.-Unknown

"I as well,my love.I shall never let you go.Ever."he promised, smoothing my hair,"Come.We shall ask the serpent?"

I stepped back,my tear-stained face looking at him quizzically.

"The what?"

"Ah,yes.I forgot to mention-"he began offering his arm,which I took,"-your serpent."he said mischievously.

"Mine?"

"Yes.He was most helpful.Given to you at birth.He will be most pleased you are well."

A serpent?Did he mean a actual
dragon???

"He has been searching for you for a long time."

"I see."I said,"but you despise
dragons."

"If it had not been for him-"he
leaned down to kiss the top of my
head,"-I owe him a debt I will spend a lifetime trying to repay."

I was given a dragon at birth?
Sure.Why not?

I noticed how the dynamic of our relationship had already seemed to change.We were as one now. Connected.And no longer cared who saw it.

Thranduil took me to the gates where Visayas made himself at home,sleeping soundly,next to the still concerned guards,who had a dead cow in front of them.

"What is this then?"Thranduil asked,staring at the already rotting beast,then to them.

"Your highness,"one explained, "he thought we might be hungry."

Thranduil and I exchanged a look,then he lifted me over the carcass, and leapt easily over it himself.

Something about his agility was so..... virile.

"Remove it at once."he ordered, then whispered to me, "His name is Visayas."

I was taken aback at the size of him.Even his closed eye was the size of a small car!Yet curiosity
got the better of me.

"Visayas?"I said cautiously, stepping towards him,Thranduil by my side protectively.

His eye flipped open.A beautiful sea blue color,with flecks of gold.

"My darling little one!"he said happily."You are well!"

He let his head lean to me affectionately.Instantly I felt the
connection.

"You can speak?"

"Well,of course I can speak!Ah,but you do not remember yet,do you?It will come.Worry not."

His voice was so comforting.
I reached my hand out to touch him,still not believing he was real.

This is my dragon?
I have a dragon!

"I am as real as you,dear one.Im waiting for my hug!"

"And you read minds!"I said, compulsively stepping in to wrap my arms as far around Visayas's head as I could,pulling free from the kings cautious hand.

He smiled in appreciation.

"Thranduil did not tell you?"

"You taught him as a child," Thranduil volunteered,amused at what was occurring.

"You are so beautiful!"I exclaimed, hugging him again.

"All pales in comparison to your beauty, dear one."

I gave the dragon a kiss, surprising Thranduil.

"I called you V!"

"Yes!Yes,you did!"the serpent said
excitedly.