Chapter 4-A Kings Wrath

Until you spread your wings,
you will have no idea how far you can fly.-Unknown

Everything was delicious, roasted meats,of what I really wasn't sure,(quail maybe?) although they ate little of it,preferring the delectable assortment of vegetable dishes and breads.
They drink ALOT of wine,but it seemed to have little,or no effect on them,as the conversation just flowed effortlessly.

I,on the other hand,rarely drink,and was feeling slightly woozie.It was amazing!

"When she ended the wretched life of the Orc who had Tauriel, father,"Legolas clasped his hand on the kings shoulder,-it was a sight to behold."

"I felt surely to be slain."Tauriel agreed,glancing at me with admiration"-then I saw her,like a bird,soaring through the air."

I felt my checks flush.

She has fooled my family,but not I.
She plays innocent and demure quite well.

"-plunging both swords in his heart."Legolas continued,staring at me with wonder.

"No,you guys are amazing."I said,trying to divert the attention from myself,"The way you work a bow? I've never seen anything like it."I said,glancing at the king with a warm smile,"Tauriel shot right next to my ear,so fast I barely saw it.Right between that Orcs eyes.Deadly accurate."

I usually found idle chatter and social situations exhausting,but was really enjoying myself.And
I NEVER talk this much.

"I owe you my life,"she said, clasping the hand I had on the table,"-for this,and your friendship,I am most appreciative."

We're....friends?

"I as well"Legolas reiterated,
raising his glass.

"To friendship."I said,raising mine,astonished by the fact,and tipsy now.

The king raised his,watching us with a hint of amusement.

"Na gwent!" they both said.

"Na gw-what?"I asked, perplexed.

"Na g-went."Tauriel pronounced slowly.

"Na gwent."I echoed,my lips exaggerating the syllables.

We all burst into laughter,even the king suppressed a laugh.

She is good.

"I've never quite tasted wine like this."I said to the king,"Is it elfen as well?"

"How charming you are."he said,turning those sensuous eyes my way,"Yes,I believe that is a hundred year elevage."

Again Legolas and Tauriel exchange looks nervously,as they have throughout the meal.

This was not lost on the king.

"Legolas,Captain,you may leave us now." the king said "-i wish to speak to Lady Gabriella privately."

Another exchanged look,then slight hesitation,but they stood, gave a curt bow,and took their leave of us.

What is that?What am I not seeing?

For some reason,I felt.... apprehensive.

" Come."he said,offering his arm again,"Let us take a stroll in the gardens.There is much I should think you would enjoy."

He was so pleasant,so inviting.

"Sounds wonderful."I returned, nervously taking his offered arm,trying to understand what I'd seen.

We walked a few moments in silence,as I took it all in.I felt overwhelmed by all of it,the elves,the beauty,and this king.

"Thank you,for this lovely day."