Chapter 9-As My King Commands

Start from the beginning

Whoever my training opponent was soon found themselves on the ground submitting.

Perhaps I am a little... frustrated.

It was during one of these sessions the king finally made a appearance.

Legolas and I had stayed longer than the rest,as he was making sure I was ready for my first official patrol.I had gone before, but not as a actual guard.

We were deep in sword combat, when he spoke. I had no idea how long he had been standing there.

Chapter 2
The Kings Test

"Legolas."

My heart skipped a beat,just hearing his voice.

I'm a fool.He feels nothing for me.
Only wants to use me.

We immediately stopped.I bowed and took the proper stance of a guard in the presence of the king.

Legolas and Thranduil were both impressed,as he approached.

"Impressive. I see her training is coming along nicely."

"She is a quick study,father.Quite the natural, really.Light on her feet,like we elves."

"Outstanding.But is she prepared for duty?"he said,walking to stand in front of me."Let's see, shall we?"

The king removed his robe, handing it to Legolas,then held out his hand for Legolas's practice sword.

Legolas looked conflicted.

Did he want me to fight him???

"Father?"

"Weapon."he said,his eyes never leaving mine.

I looked back and forth between them,unsure of what to do.

"Father,as you are aware,a guard is trained NEVER to raise thier weapon to the king."

"I give her permission. "

So you want to fight.
That's all I needed to hear.

I took fighting stance,as did the king.

"Ready?"he asked,a twinkle in his eye.

"Always."I returned,feeling more alive and ready than ever.

Legolas stepped out of sword swinging distance,almost appearing paniced.

At first it was a simple demonstration of basic commands.But it became apparent to Legolas how thick the tension was between them.

He was sure one or the other will meet their demise before this 'demonstration' is over.

"Relent."the king advised me, as the tip of his sword mockingly flips my raven locks."-you are out-skilled,out-maneuvered."

"Never."I countered difiantly, swatting his sword with such force,it practically flew from his hand.

I gave him a challenging look, raising a brow.

She wishes to play.Very well.

He came at me full force,our blades clashing so fast,it was a blur.

The king ruthlessly smacked the sword from my hand,but I  backflipped before he draw on me.

"Had enough,little one?"he challenged.

I stood,drawing two daggers from behind me.

Not quite yet,my king.

"I'll let you know when I've had enough,my lord."I returned, words dripping venom.