Chapter7-Defiance

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Could they not only connect two separate regions within the universe, but also two different universes?And some scientists have speculated that if one mouth of a wormhole is moved in a specific manner, it could allow for time travel.

It dawned on me that I also read most wormholes only last for twenty-four hours, but there could be exceptions to this rule.

When a static wormhole collapses a new one with the same properties will spawn somewhere else, in the same system. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.When a non-static wormhole collapses it simply disappears forever.The thought
of that was - unacceptable.

But how can I utilize this
information in a world thats
just beginning to use
experiments and mathematics to
understand scientific mysteries?

In my heart I knew,as of now, I really had no choice.I could not make myself leave this king. Either saint or savior,demon or god,he was MY king.

I berated myself for even thinking like this.

This wasn't me!All my plans!What the dreams were showing me!

But he had creeped into a part of my soul,where no man had been before,and I just couldn't deny it any longer.

One look at him over this majestic table and it was clear.He was the one.So whatever aspect this union took,I would take it.

"Have you reached a decision, Gabriella?"he asked,breaking into my jumbled thoughts.

"Yes,but I need to discuss something with you first.",then I
looked awkwardly at the guards.

"Shall we take a stroll in the gardens?"

I nodded shyly.

What a contradiction you are,little one.

The king is completely thrown, and more than a little intrigued by this.

He comes to hold my chair as I rise,then offers his arm as we leave the guards.

Once out of their earshot,after collecting my thoughts,and building up the courage,I began.

"I've been keeping something from you,"I said softly,not daring to meet his gaze,"because I was afraid you couldn't,or perhaps wouldn't,understand."

"I am aware."

He leads me to a marble bench, gesturing for me to sit,then sits next to me.

I was quiet for a moment,trying to collect her thoughts.

How could I tell him this?

"You look quite lovely tonight."he said,hoping to ease my troubled mind,"-the gown I chose suits you
well."

My heart leapt.

If any other man dared assume he could choose my clothing?
Let's just say,that would not go well.

"Thank you."I said,eyes downcast,feeling a flush creeping into my cheeks.

This seemed to please him greatly.

I took a deep breath.

Just do it.He either accepts it,or he doesn't.And if he doesn't, you'll know where you stand.

"What I'm about to tell you may seem ... unbelievable-"

"How you have blossomed right before my eyes."he crooned, interrupting,taking my hand gently in his,causing that dizzy feeling to come back.

I begin to stumble over my words.

"I just - I need to tell you - the t-truth -"

Then Legolas comes rushing in,telling us the orcs were destroying Lake Town!