𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I don't know." Scott sighed as he responded, "But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here."

"Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County?" Stilinski questioned them, "The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000."

"And dropping."

Stilinski sent his son an unimpressed look for his comment, "But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at closer to 500,000. Look, how many werewolves, witches, banshees, kitsunes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what happens if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?"

"We don't think there'd be that many." Stiles said, "There's a limit."

"Because of the numbers." Scott added, pointing down at the list, "We think that once we decide the names, the numbers will add up to 117."

"117 what?" Stilinski asked.

"Million." Scott responded, Stiles grabbing the list and beginning to write an M next to all the names. "Hundred and seventeen million dollars, Dad. Stolen from the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance all these murders."

"Someone who wants literally every supernatural in Beacon Hills dead." Evelyn chimed in.

"So, the coded list goes out." Stilinski started, "And somehow these professional assassins get that list."

"And a cipher key."

"And then they go after the names on the list." Stilinski continued after his son's interruption, "They being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermo-cut wires that can take your head off."

"Let me see. Carrie was also stabbed." Stiles looked over Carrie's crime scene photos, "What's this mark?"

"We're not sure yet." Stilinski responded, "We're waiting on the M.E.'s report. There's one other thing I don't get. How did the new assassin know that Demarco was going to be at the lake house."

"Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for a little extra cash." Scott told him.

"Ah." Stilinski nodded with a sigh, "So, whoever ordered that keg killed Demarco."

"Yeah, it was someone at the party."

"A student."

༄༄༄

Evelyn was in the locker room with her friends, sorting through all the players gear after Stiles discovered the killer was on the team. "This is pointless - most of the team plays with their own gear." Scott finally said.

"Maybe instead of trying to find a lacrosse stick with a hidden dagger in it, we should be trying to get the game canceled?" Kira suggested.

"The game's the best way to catch him red-handed." Scott countered against her suggestion.

"But what if he's red-handed cause his hands are covered in the blood of the person that he just stabbed to death?" Evelyn cocked her head, he had a point. "Which, by the way, could be one of you three."

"Or Liam..." Scott added as Evelyn shot him a look, that kid wasn't gonna get hurt on her watch. "Well, we don't have the whole list, and he could be on it."