𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥
{𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝}

Jade's body dropped to the ground with a thud as Alaric looked at the two girls. "Josie. Evelyn. What did you two do?"

"I fixed her." Josie replied, her eyes turning black.

༄༄༄

"What exactly did you do to Jade?" Alaric questioned them as they walked down the empty street. "Josie, talk to me."

"Lizzie's this way. I can feel her." Josie said instead, Alaric continuing his questioning. "Why did you break the Sandclock?"

Josie paused, looking over to him. "I can't remember."

"Well, are you okay?" Alaric asked, "I mean, are you in pain? And Evelyn, Diego practically ripped your neck open."

"It still feels a little sore, but I'm alright." Evelyn told him, smiling softly before glancing down briefly and noticing the black veins on her wrist, quickly pulling down her sleeve so no one else could see them.

"Are you guys hurt?" Alaric continued, "No." Josie responded. "For the first time in my life, everything feels...clear." Her eyes then turned black again and she pointed at a car up ahead. "There."

"Lizzie." Alaric said in worry before he and Evelyn took off running to the car, pulling open the door. "It's okay, honey. Easy does it."

"Dad." Lizzie exhaled, the two looking down at noticing a shard of glass in her stomach. "Something's wrong. It feels like my mind is breaking."

"It's okay." Alaric assured, slowly helping the girl out of the car. "Easy does it. We need to get you to the hospital. Everything's gonna be just fine."

"Dad, I drank vampire blood." Lizzie told him. "Please don't let me die."

"You're not gonna die." Alaric told her, picking her up as her arms wrapped around his neck.

The last time Evelyn had black veins crawling up her arm she was dying, but she couldn't tell them about it yet, they had to save Lizzie.

༄༄༄

Alaric rushed through the hall, kicking open a hospital room door and laying Lizzie down on a table as Evelyn and Josie followed after him. "You're gonna be okay, Lizzie. It's all right, it's all right."