Chapter Four

I can't believe I got talked into this. The Spanish Empire thought, sitting at a large table with his new allies. If he'd known that AE would be fighting against them, he would have taken the French Empire's offer, but instead he refused, thinking that AE would be on Britain's side. Stupid. Stupid.

"Where the hell is Prussia?" Austria-Hungary complained, shifting in their seat. "He told us not to be late, and then he's late himself?"

"We can start without him, I'll brief him later." The British Empire said.

"Wait! Wait, I'm here! I'm coming!" A faraway voice said. SE glimpsed Prussia running towards them with another country trailing behind him. "I got another addition to the alliance!"

They waited impatiently as Prussia and the other country---was that the Portuguese Empire? What a nice surprise-made their way towards the meeting.

"Sorry we're late, Prussia promised me a coffee if I joined your alliance, and it took a little longer than we thought to get it." PE apologised.

"You joined a war, against the Austrian Empire and Canada, for a coffee?!" The Spanish Empire exclaimed.

"Yes, yes I did. It's very good coffee." The other country said, setting down the mug of steaming liquid.

"How come I didn't get coffee when I joined?" The German Empire complained.

"I'll get you a coffee if you shut up and let me explain the plan." BE said. GE nodded happily and sat back. "Alright, I'm assuming that no one else wants to face AE, so we'll leave him to Prussia."

"Actually, I'm going to fight him as well," GE said, "I'm not leaving my dad to battle him alone."

"Ok, you two lead him away from the main battle. In the meantime, I want everyone to rush the French Empire at once. If we can get her to surrender, which isn't normally too hard, then hopefully the other two will lose hope and surrender too. We want this war over as soon as possible." BE explained.

"Right, but won't REC be attacking us as we are fighting France? Who will lead him away?" The Spanish Empire asked.

"You will." BE said with a smile.

Oh, of course I had to open my mouth and get myself killed. SE thought, sighing. Then he frowned. "Is something burning?" He asked, sniffing the air.

"Your hat! It's on fire!" The Portuguese Empire cried. SE yelped and yanked off his hat, batting at the flames, PE helping him out.

"FE, you coward! Show yourself!" Britain hopped out of his seat, glaring around, trying to see where the country who put the flames there was.

An arrow whipped by and buried itself into PE's arm, causing him to jerk his hands back in pain.

"It's an attack! Remember the plan!" Prussia said, then he took off on his shadowy wings, scanning the area below.

SE jumped out of his own seat, grabbing PE as well, who was rubbing his wound. "Come on, we're going to find Canada."

"I thought only you were going to fight him!" Portugal whined, looking nervous.

"Too bad. You're coming with me. Turn us invisible."

PE obeyed, and the Spanish Empire could no longer see himself. He did see, however, the Russian, Britain and Ottoman Empires fighting the French Empire. REC was trying to distract Austria-Hungary from joining them.

SE led PE to Canada, where he blocked him from stabbing the blind country. A-H tried to stab Spain, likely thinking he was an enemy. "Austria-Hungary stop, it's me. Go help BE." SE ordered.

PE revealed them to Canada, who's eyes widened at the sight of two enemies.

REC reached out to try to touch SE to harm him, but he sliced the attacking country's arm, making Canada pull back. SE did an attack of his own, trying to stab REC in the stomach. He blocked with his wing, which already looked wounded for some reason.

The Portuguese Empire had turned invisible again, and SE didn't know where he was or if he'd left already. That question was answered when Canada cried out, a wound appearing on his cheek. SE could tell he hadn't been in many battles with other countries before from the way he swung his sword around, trying to find the invisible attacker.

An fiery explosion caught the attention of all three countryhumans. That was probably FE.

"PE, you go help the others, I can handle this kid." Spain said. Portugal turned visible, nodded, then ran off. SE turned his attention back to REC, who was looking weary but determined. "If you surrender now, I'll let you leave." He offered. Canada shook his head and raised his sword.

SE shrugged and leapt forward slamming his sword down on Canada's, who barely blocked in time. Spain slashed and stabbed again and again, getting faster and faster with each attack, while REC got slower.

Finally, he hit his mark, and Canada cried out, reaching up to touch his now wounded eye. That was a terrible mistake, and both countries knew it. REC screamed louder as his eye disappeared behind the harmful touch of his fingers.

SE stepped back in horror, but then remembered that he had a mission. "Do you surrender?" He asked, determined. Canada didn't answer.

"Do you-" Spain was cut off as REC leaped forward and clasped his hands around his throat. SE grunted, feeling immense pain around his neck, and kicked Canada away from him. He coughed, grimacing. This had to end.

As REC stood back up, the Spanish Empire summoned the might of the storms and struck him with his power, lightning. REC had seen Spain raise his hand and tried to shield himself with his wings, but the lightning did its trick.

Canada fell to the ground, his clothes burnt and tattered, and his wings charred. SE left him there, walking over to join the main battle.

(984 Words)

Yeah REC didn't do so well...

Purple and Gold (The Many Colours of Life and Death AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara