nightmare [leah and jordan]

Leah and Jordan were at Leah's parents' house for a few days before the Lionesses camp started.

Their house was close to where the camp was supposed to be, so Leah's parents had asked her to spend a few days with them before she was off to the national team.

Leah agreed to go but she did not want to leave her best friend, Jordan, alone because her family was on a vacation and none of their friends were in town. Jordan hated being alone during the warm summer days, so Leah asked her to come along.

Leah's parents loved Jordan. They had met her multiple times before since the two were very pretty much inseparable.

It was the middle of the night when Leah suddenly woke up and jumped out of bed. She was sleeping in the guest room because she had given her childhood room to Jordan (Jordan loved rooms with big windows and a pretty view, so Leah had decided to sleep in the guest room, so Jordan would enjoy her stay).

Panicking, Leah ran to Jordan's room. She knocked the door but Jordan did not reply. Forgetting about all the formalities, she barged into the room to find Jordan sleeping peacefully.

The sound of her coming in woke Jordan up.

"Leah? Are you alright?" she said, barely keeping her eyes open.

"Yeah, I am. Are you?"

Jordan looked at her with a confused look.

"Is it ok if I sit here?" Leah asked, still worry and shock on her face.

Jordan mumbled something in reply and fell asleep again.

Leah turned the armchair under the window to face the bed and sat down. She had had a nightmare about Jordan and wanted to make sure she was safe.

Her plan was to stay awake all night and "protect" Jordan if anything happened. But after about thirty minutes of forcing her eyes to stay open, she fell asleep.

Not long after, Jordan woke up and saw Leah sleeping on the armchair. At first she was confused but then remembered Leah coming in. Since she was practically asleep that time, she hadn't processed what Leah had been saying and didn't know why she wanted to sleep on that armchair.

Jordan carefully got up and tiptoed to Leah. She gently put her hand on Leah's cheek and caressed it.

"Leah... hey, Leah," she whispered softly.

Leah slowly opened her eyes and as soon as she realized she had fallen asleep, she jumped up.

"Are you ok?" she said breathlessly.

"Leah, what's going on?"

"I shouldn't have fallen asleep."

"Why not? Did you have a bad dream?"

Leah looked at her for a second, both of them puffy eyed and sleepy. Leah then nodded slightly.

"Do you wanna sleep on the bed with me?" Jordan asked.

Leah shook her head, "I can't fall asleep. I need to make sure they won't get you."

"Who?"

"You don't have to worry about that."

Jordan smiled slightly and took Leah's hand, "You can do that from the bed as well. You don't wanna have a sore neck during camp, do you?"

Leah shook her head silently.

"Come here," Jordan said, leading Leah to the bed.

They got in bed and Leah moved a bit closer to Jordan. "Can I hold you?" she asked almost whispering.