new [lia and caitlin]

Lia's pov:

Lia's pov:

We were sitting in our conference room, where Joe was talking about our future plans. He told us about the new tactics we were going to try out in the coming weeks and finished his speech saying that he had a little surprise for us.

"Come on, Joe, don't torture us. What is it?" said Katie impatiently. 

He seemed a little too excited to keep the news to himself, so he said, "Alright... So, girls, we have a new signing. She is going to be a vital player for the team and add everything we have been lacking recently."

Everyone got excited, including me.

"We need names, boss," said Leah.

Joe took out his phone to show us a picture and said, "Caitlin Foord from Australia."

Oh fuck.

I don't know what was so special about her that everyone started cheering.

For a moment, I left reality and got flashbacks from seven months ago: our international game with Australia.

It was one of the hardest games both of our teams had played in a while. We were leading by one goal and the Australians were getting angrier with every minute.

They kept tackling our players every chance they got, trying to get possession of the ball.

That's how I got to meet the famous Caitlin Foord. She was on my tail the entire time and tackled me on multiple occasions.

I would quickly get up and continue playing without paying much attention to her. It's football and little falls like those are a part of the game.

Soon enough, it got out of hand.

I was running towards their goal when Foord came near me and pushed me. I fell and hit my head really hard. I was fine, though.

At that point, I was fuming with anger. I couldn't hold myself and pushed her back as soon as I stood up. This caused a little fight, where we were screaming in each other's faces. The referee came and gave us a warning, so we moved on with the game.

I thought I had finally gotten rid of her, but I was more than wrong. On the 80th minute, I was tackled again. This time, it was clearly an unnecessary one and when I looked up to see who it was, I was ready to fight for real.

I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I was so filled with anger that I had not noticed the killing pain in my left ankle.

I told everyone I was fine and tried to catch my breath as Foord was getting a yellow card. I wanted to fight the referee for not giving her a red card, but I was too exhausted to even try.

I slowly got up and tried to run. As soon as my left foot hit the ground, I collapsed. There was no avoiding the pain that time.

I had to immediately leave the game and get medical care. Long story short, I was not able to play football for around three months. I missed all the crucial games both for Arsenal and for Switzerland.