unprofessional [caitlin and lia]

"Don't break the fucking door," screamed Lia at Caitlin as they got out of their house

"You come lock it, then," Caitlin replied and stepped away, so Lia could get to the door.

"So fucking useless," said Lia under her breath, as she aggressively walked past Caitlin.

"Only because you don't know the proper way to use," Caitlin said quietly, but loud enough for Lia to hear.

"EXCUSE ME? What did you just say?" Lia turned around with the angriest look on her face.

"I said we are going to be late for the game. Hurry up," replied Caitlin and started walking to the car.

They had been fighting all morning for no reason at all. Every little thing triggered them both and resulted in endless eye rolls, scoffs, and screams.

The car ride was quiet. Neither of them said anything the entire time, even though Caitlin found Lia's driving hideous and Lia hated every song Caitlin played.

After what seemed like forever, they finally arrived at Meadow Park. Everyone seemed hyped about the game, but not these two. They were ready to fight anyone who breathed a bit too loudly around them.

The day just seemed to get worse and worse. They had forgotten that some of the academy kids were supposed to join them for the pre-match preparations.

This meant Lia and Caitlin had to put their anger away, be nice, and smile for the pictures.

"Can you show some emotion for the pictures at least? These kids will keep this day in their minds forever and all you do is give them a half-smile. Have a heart," said Lia, walking to Caitlin, who had just finished taking pictures with some kids.

"What else do you want me to have?" replied Caitlin.

"Fucking decency."

"I love how you managed to fit your entire vocabulary in a single sentence."

Lia scoffed and said, "Your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth."

"How would you know?"

"Oh, you didn't," said Lia, clearly angrier than before.

"I think I just did and there is nothing you can do about it, princess."

"We will see that," Lia replied.

She grabbed Caitlin's hand and dragged her out of the locker room, which everyone had already left to go warm up.

She took her to an empty janitor's closet and locked the door behind them.

"Now keep your fucking mouth shut," Lia told Caitlin, pushing her to the wall.