team bonding [everyone]

The girls were gathered in a big circle by the lake, when Jonas stood up on one of the camping chairs and said, "Attention, girls!!"

Everyone looked up at him.

Jonas: We are waiting for the last bus to arrive and we will start dividing into groups.

Katie: Everyone is here, though, boss.

Jonas: We are having some individual competitors joining us.

Kim: Do we know them?

Jonas: I don't know who they are. The booking company is sending them over because these people need groups and we have extra spots.

After finishing his sentence, he answered his phone that had been buzzing in his pocket for the last couple of minutes.

Jonas: Alright, it seems like they are going to be a bit late, so I will tell you guys your groups. The company sent me the others' names, so I will add them too.

Jordan: I thought we were choosing our own groups.

Jonas: Nope, the purpose of this activity is to bring the team closer to each other and it would be pointless if you were in groups with your best friends. I put all of your names in an app and it created the groups on its own, so it's totally random.

The crowd mumbled something, but they did not seem to be too disappointed.

Jonas: There is ONE exception, though. As you all now, Daniëlle van de Donk is joining us, even though she does not play here anymore. Since she doesn't have much time left in the UK, she will be in the same team as Beth, so they can spend some time together before DVD leaves. Beth asked to be excused from this exercise, but we came to the decision to do things this way. Hope you guys are ok with it.

Everyone said "yeeeaapp" at the same time.

Jonas: Alright, then. Sooooo, the members of our first team are Vivianne Miedema, Lia Wälti, and Malin Gut.

Team two: Lisa Evans, Katie McCabe, Frida Maanum

Team three: Beth Mead, Daniëlle van de Donk, Jill Roord (cuz she's still in arsenal🙄)

Team four: Noelle Maritz, Jordan Nobbs, Viki Schnaderbeck

Team five: Leah Williamson, Anna Patten, Mana Iwabuchi

Team six: Kim Little, Caitlin Foord, and one of the company's players, Tabea Kemme.

After Jonas said the last name, everyone in the group went silent.

Katie: Our old teammate?

Jonas: Aaaahhh, that's why the name sounded familiar. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing it's her.

Caitlin: Can I switch teams?

Jonas: No!

Caitlin: Please.