Chapter 11 Part 3: Sense And Insensitivity

Start from the beginning

  King looks down feeling regret in his stomach, "Luz, you're living your dream. You're becoming a witch. But this celebrity is as close as I'll ever get to my dream. It all went to my head, and I hurt you. I'm sorry."

  "Hey," Luz says as she puts a hand on King's shoulder. "Being with you is one of my favorite parts of this dream."

  The sweet moment was interuppted when the box shrinks again.

  Luz yelps, "I have a plan. But we need to work together this time."

  King nods, "just tell me what to do."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

  The merchant laughs, "I know you must be confused. The Bloom of Eternal Youth, dead? What if I told you the Bloom never existed at all! And now that I have led you to my nest, I'll suck all the life out of you to satisfy my unending hunger!"

  Lilith halfheartedly smirks, "he scammed us. Can you believe he scammed us?"

  Eda shrugs, "I thought there was a 50/50 chance going in. Hard not to admire the tenacity though."

  "I had a feeling that this would happen when he gave us a map," (Y/n) says nonchalantly.

  "Good entrance, but that outfit? Ha!" Lilith chuckles.

  "Look at his little shoes!" Eda points as she laughs.

  "I bet that Principal Bump would look better compared to this guy," (Y/n) comments.

  Eda wheezes out a laugh and snorts, "oh my Titan! Good one (Y/n)!"

  Lilith laughed as well, "you are such a bad influence on her Edalyn."

  The merchant blushes embarrassingly as he covers his shoes, "well, maybe you've never been led into a lethal trap before, but the response should be, "Aa! No! Spare us!"

  The three share a look.

  "Ah, sure." Eda then steps onto the dais, "spare us."

  Lilith summons her staff, "woe to us whose fates are sealed."

  "We plea for our lives, for we are at your mercy," (Y/n) says with a dark smile as she cracks her knuckles.

  The merchant gulps as he laughs nervously. Tha-That's right, witches! Cower! Cower?"

ʇɥıs ıs ƃoınƃ ʇo ɥnɹʇ °-°

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

  In the covention hall, where Piniet is stacking the cubed authors into a tower. The tower falls. "Aw, dang."

  "Hey Piniet! We're done!" King calls out from the dressing room.

  Piniet opens the door to the dressing room. The box is now so small King has to be under Luz's legs, which are bent in order to fit. "Faster than I expected!"

  "That's the miracle of teamwork!" King says uncomfortably.

  A hole opens in the top of the box. Luz holds up her manuscript: Luzura and the Shimminger Tears of Love + Hate. "+ Hate" is added in red while the rest is blue.

  Piniet takes it and flips through part of it. The box shrinks slightly. "This is much more gushy than your last book."

  "Skip to the finale, because it is quite a payoff," King urged.

  "Piniet rolls his eyes. He keeps reading. Luz and King prepare to move. Piniet gets to the last page. "What is this all about?" He flips it around to reveal a light glyph drawn on the last page.