Chapter 1: Cow Dung

ابدأ من البداية

Outside the Philippines, there was Kazumi Miyamura and Fudo Takagi. Two lovers, aged 31 and 30 respectively were about to flee Japan because of their stereotypical toxic relatives, especially their parents. How were they toxic? Kazumi had a sister named Kato Miyamura who was gay and as soon as their parents found out he had a lover in the Philippines, they forced him to flee the house. They were living in Tokyo that time, and Kazumi and Fudo were already five years married. Kazumi had always loved her little brother, and she didn't care whether he was gay or not, she just wanted him to be happy. Fudo on the other hand, supported Kato with his love life and often gave him tips on dating. As they couldn't handle this event, they started packing. Kato along with Kazumi and her husband, booked a one way flight to the Philippines and prepared the requirements to become a fully-fledged Filipino citizen. Their parents didn't care about what they did, but deep inside they were guilty. 

The couple and Kato along with his lover resided in Quezon city. They live in two separate houses of course, next to each other. At that time Kazumi was pregnant with a girl, and after some time they went to some unknown island near Boracay. Little did she know, that she would give birth at that very faithful day. They arrived at the island then placed all of their luggage in the said rooms. The breeze was sweet and beach was just as beautiful as the summer sun, but at that time it was November, close to Christmas. As soon as Kazumi got up, her water broke like juice pouring out of Buko fruit. She immediately asked her husband for help, she was about to give birth.

"Someone please help my wife! She's about to give birth, tulong please!" Fudo shouted.

"Wait, I think I know some people who can help" Kato's boyfriend replied then ran away to get some people to help. He then came back with seven people, including a mother holding a baby girl in her arms. 

"Hello sir, maam, we are the Dimagiba family and we'll help you with your wife po. Hey brother and sisters! Help ma'am to get to our house!" The man shouted as he lifted Kazumi and carried her all the way to their house. He was an OB-Gyn, a professional doctor who helps women give birth and generally with help people with their reproductive health. After three hours, the baby finally came out and he did his thing. It was a cute and healthy baby girl, the family Dimagiba was very happy to see that it was healthy and so was Kazumi, Fudo, Kato and his boyfriend Anton. Anton was the son of the doctor who helped them, his father's name was Wilyam Dimagiba. 

"Thank you sir! Without your help, I don't know what could've happened to me, what should I call you sir and how should I ever repay you?" Kazumi said in thankfulness.

"Oh mam, don't mention it, just be good to my gay son Anton, that's enough to repay me. You can call me Wilyam, mam" Wilyam said as he was helping her sit up.

"Anton is your son? Oh I didn't know that, well we'll take good care of him and again I thank you a lot, though do you have any ideas on how to name my baby girl? I haven't thought of a name..." She replied.

"Hmmmm...Louisa, love, do you know any baby names this girl could have?" He asked.

"Kubo...It means nipa hut, like this one we're staying at right now, it's called a "bahay-kubo" how about that ma'am?" Louisa suggested.

"But isn't this made out of bamboo or like isn't this house weak for her to be called that?" Kazumi contemplated.

"Oh no ma'am, actually it may look weak but actually this can withstand the strongest typhoons and unlike other kubos, this one doesn't get blown away or anything." Louisa defended her stand.

"Well kubo sounds like a really nice name, I'll name her kubo then, thank you Mrs. Louisa!" Kazumi replied in relief.

"You're welcome ma'am! We were just making sinigang, we would love to serve you dinner if you would stay for a while." Louisa said.