Until We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

" That's right!" said Sam. Everything was coming back to him now, but where were Kris and Colby?

He remembered hearing Kris scream before he blacked out, but he hadn't been close enough to hear which way she went. On the other side of the bridge was town, so maybe she and Colby had gone that way? But would Kris have screamed if they had, and wouldn't they have found him first? Or had they gone for help first? Sam had so many questions running through his mind.

Colby had the backpack but Sam had kept one of the flashlights and...his phone! Sam excitedly reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, which was a little cracked but he didn't care. He quickly pulled up Colby's number, but hesitated to call. It was risky. If Colby was in trouble, he may not have his phone, or someone else entirely may have it. Sam noticed that Colby had not tried to contact him. Was this because he had lost his phone or because someone had taken it? Sam pondered, but took the risk and decided to call.

Colby's head whipped to his backpack a few feet beside him. He could hear his phone ringing. Was it Sam? Colby had to be quiet and smart if he was gonna pull this off. He tried his best to use his body to inch toward his backpack, but keeping his balance was tough.His hands were also tied behind his back, so he didn't know how he was even going to answer the phone, but he would cross that bridge when he came to it. (No pun intended). He slowly moved closer and closer and closer! He was almost there when suddenly the backpack was snatched. The Goatman held it up and looked at it, then looked back to Colby, who was thankful the phone had stopped ringing, but then it started again.

"No, No, No!" thought Colby.

The Goatman reached into the backpack and took out Colby's phone. It was Sam! When The Goatman saw who it was, he flashed the screen in front of Colby.

"Well, well,well," laughed the Goatman. The Goatman stood up, still holding the phone. "I'm going to put him on speaker, if you know what's good for you, you'll behave." He then answered the phone as Colby glared daggers at him.

"Hello," said The Goatman.

"Colby! Hello! Who is this?" asked Sam.

"This is The Goatman," the distorted voice replied.

" What kind've sick joke is this?" asked Sam. "Where's Colby?"

"He's here, with me," laughed the Goatman. "We're having so much fun together!"

" You expect me to believe any of this?" asked Sam.

Sam heard shuffling as The Goatman returned to his position in front of Colby. "Speak to him," said the Goatman, but Colby refused to make a sound.

Colby instead just stared at the Goatman. Colby didn't know where the dagger had come from but it was suddenly plunged into his leg. Colby screamed loudly, and The Goatman stood up, leaving the dagger wedged in Colby's leg. The Goatman had gotten what he needed to send the message.

"Leave him alone!" shouted Sam from the other end of the phone.

"There's a shack in the woods, not far from the wooded end of the bridge," explained the Goatman. "If you can find it, maybe you can save him." The Goatman then hung up the phone.

The Goatman looked at Colby. " I told you he would come," he replied. "Now the real fun begins."

The Goatman walked back towards the door as he laughed, leaving Colby in pain and now in fear.

Sam didn't know how long he would have to find the shack, but he would. For Colby and Kris. Sam ran as fast as his legs would carry him. His head was killing him, but he didn't care. That was the least of his worries right now. He needed to find the shack. It was pitch black, he didn't even know which way he was going. He flicked on his flashlight, looking for a sign of anything that would be a clue, and then he saw it, laying there between two trees, on the path to the right. It made a shimmer as his flashlight hit it, the anchor necklace that Kris had taken. Sam held it up and put it in his pocket. He had a feeling he was on the right path.