THREE!

evie's pov!
well shit. this night that was supposed to be super fun literally turned into hell fire. instead of us driving safely home with a designated driver, we got escorted home by the fucking police.

"thank you officers, it won't happen again" my mom says closing the door. "what we're you guys thinking? how could you be so irresponsible?" my mom says sternly

"it's not that big of a deal mom" steven says

"not that big of a deal? i think getting picked up by the police for underage drinking is a pretty big deal steven."

"look laur i just want to say that i wasn't drinking i was the dd" jeremiah says softly

my mom looks at me and belly, "and what are you two wearing?!"

"it's taylor's" belly says

"you bought me this mom." i say looking down fidgeting with the bottom of my dress

"and isabel, when did you leave the house without telling anyone?"

"why am i the only one who's not allowed to go out?!" she raises her voice slightly

"you are allowed to, just tell someone next time. how did you even get there?"

"i walked." she says quietly

"god isabel you know better than to walk that far alone and at night!"

"stop treating me like a little kid!"

"if you want to be treated like an adult then start acting like one.

"well maybe you guys should too" conrad says

all of this arguing and getting dropped off at home by the police is making me anxious. whenever i'm even slightly anxious i start pulling on my earlobe, it sounds weird but it's just a bad habit of mine that i've had for awhile.

i guess that i've been fidgeting with my ear for awhile because i feel jere pull my arm down from my ear.

"all of you just go to bed."

"i'm sorry laur" jere says turning around and facing the stairs

everyone starts walking to their rooms. i walk over closer to jeremiah and i just put my face into his shoulder and sigh. "ughhhh this is horrible" i say fake crying.

he pats the top of my head and says "everything's gonna be fine. plus, it's only the first day of being here and we already did some cool shit."

i laugh at his positive mindset. i pull out my phone and open the camera taking a picture of us in the mirror.

"you should make that your new lockscreen" he laughs

"hmm maybe i will" i say

"alright evie i'm gonna head to bed, goodnight"

"goodnight" i smile walking up the stairs after him

after i get myself ready for bed i open the picture of us and smile. i decide to make it my new lockscreen and i send both the picture and a screenshot of my lockscreen to him.

jerebear
i love it
we look pretty snazzy ngl

me
we as in just me, right?

jerebear
no we as in just ME

me
oh great you're a liar now too?
go to bed you need to get your head straight

jearbear
whatever eviebear

me
OMG STOP CALLING ME THAT
UTS SO EMBARRASSING
BC OF THE STIRY BEHIND IT

jerebear
oh shush it's not embarrassing
it's cute
it's cute how u wanted to have matching nicknames with me even though evie and bear definitely don't rhyme

me
that's enough i'm going to bed
i'm embarrassed

jerebear
oh stop you were 7

me
okay whatever
goodnight mr not snazzy

jerebear
night ms not snazzy at all

i smile at his text and i shut my phone off. i plug it into the charger and place it on the nightstand. i lay back in bed and just think of everything that's happened tonight.

god jeremiah why do you have to be such a flirt

i can't read you. i cant tell if you just see me as a sister, best friend, or more.

i turn my head and see belly fast asleep next to me. i pull down on the string on the lamp until it makes a click and the light turns off. i let my mind wander until my eyes start to get heavy.

...

i wake up to the bright sunlight coming through the linen curtains. nothing will ever beat the feeling of waking up on your own time in the beach house.

i stretch my legs and slowly lift myself up and out of bed. i walk past the mirror not even bothering to look, i need food.

as i creep down the stairs i hear the laughter of everyone in the kitchen. i pop my head around the corner and see jeremiah and steven having a catching blueberries in their mouth competition.

"goodmorning evie" susannah smiles

"goodmorning guys" i say rubbing my eyes

"so far i'm beating steven by like 7 blueberries" jeremiah says super excited, almost like a child. jere will forever be a child, he's the type of guy who's not embarrassed to dance with his mom, or hold her hand even if he's too old.

"i'm stealing some fruit from your competition" i say walking behind the kitchen island grabbing a small handful of blueberries

"jesus your hair is a mess" belly laughs

"is it? i didn't look in the mirror this morning" i laugh placing a blueberry in my mouth

"we can tell" jeremiah says flattening out my bed head.

him playing with my hair sets off those stupid butterflies in my stomach again, and by the look on belly's face, i guess she feels them with me.