ONE!

evie's pov:
(thoughts are in bold)

i've been waiting all summer for this moment. as i zip up my suitcase i let out a sigh of relief.

"jesus christ that took you so long to pack" kayla says shutting her phone off.

i laugh and bring myself down onto the floor and lay flat out like a starfish. "i'm so excited kayla" i squeal

"i wonder why"

i lift my head up to look at her. "shut up kayla" i laugh as i throw a pillow at her

kayla is one of the only people i ever told about my crush on jere. my twin sister belly was the first one to know.

"EVELYN WE HAVE TO GET GOING IN 15 MINUTES. HURRY UP PLEASE" my mom yells from the kitchen

"i guess that means you have to go. ugh" i pout

kayla gets off my bed and jumps on top of me.
"you can't leave me here evieee this town sucks"

"i know kayla i'm sorry" i laugh struggling to pull myself out from under her grip.

she eventually lets me get up and she helps me place my suitcase in the car. we say our goodbyes and she grabs her bike from off the porch and starts peddling down the street.

"okay i have to grab my phone i'll be right back, want me to lock up?" i say to my mom

"yeah sure but be quick please!"

i nod as i run back into the house searching for my phone. i see it on my desk and i grab it, quickly checking my notifications.

jerebear sent 3 new messages!

i feel my heart beat start to speed up. i click on the notification as i start to walk down the stairs.

jerebear
i'm so excited for you guys to come!!
drive safe evie :)

i set the house alarm and lock the front door and get in back seat of the car. i start typing my reply while showing my screen to belly. she looks up at me and we both squeal.

steven turns his head around and glares at us "can you two be quiet, i'm trying to sleep"

"whatever" i say pushing his head away

me
thank u jere!!
i'm so excited to see you in person again
snapchat doesn't do enough justice for us!

jeremiah and i always use snapchat to communicate, and he's number 2 on my bestfriends list. we always send eachother videos about our drama. he's my best friend, and yes kayla is one of my bestfriends and same with belly but jeremiah and i are very close.

i send my reply and open up spotify and put my airpods in. cruel summer starts playing and i softly smile resting my head on the window, i just know this is going to be a great summer.

...

we make a pit stop halfway through the car ride because steven had to pee. belly and i wait in the car.

"hey bels?" i say turning my head around to face her

"yeah?"

"promise me we won't have any drama this summer, i know we never do but, i don't know, i just feel like this summer will be different"

"of course eve, i promise"

as everyone gets back in the car i put my airpods back in my ears and continue playing my music.
i feel myself starting to slip into a daydream and i let myself. when i open my eyes i notice that we're at the same little shop we always stop at.

oh i must've fallen asleep

i get out of the car and walk in looking for belly, steven, or my mom. i see belly at the counter talking to the guy at the register.

"oh hi bels, how long was i asleep for?"

"one sec" she says to the guy and explains to me that i was sleeping for around 30 minutes

she goes back to flirting with the guy at the register. i walk back to the car and check my socials while everyone slowly gets in the car one by one.

"oh you're awake!" my mom says

"yes i am i woke up like 5 minutes ago"

once everyone gets back we hit the road again, and this time i just stare out the window watching the scenery.

i cant help but wonder if things are gonna go farther with jeremiah or not. his personality is very flirty but it's not like he tries to, he's just happy to see everyone, that's why we call him a golden retriever.

...

you know that feeling when you've been traveling for like 12 hours and you finally get back to your house? that's the feeling i get every time i get to the beach house. it's like my safe place.

i step out of the car and see jere, conrad, and susannah all rush over to us and swarm us with hugs.

i run over to susannah and hug her while jere runs to steven and my mom. i walk over to conrad and give him a side hug, since he's not a very touchy person.

"you just keep getting taller don't you" i laugh

"yeah and you just stay the same huh" he slaps the back of my head and walks over to belly. as he walks over to her i smile since i know him talking to her makes her day.

as i'm walking to the trunk of the car i feel someone hug me from behind and lift me up.

"AH OMG PUT ME DOWN!!" i start laugh and kicking. jeremiah puts me down and pulls me into a tight hug.

he just gets hotter and hotter

he's taller than me so he rests his head on top of mine. when he does this, the butterflies in my stomach must be having a party because they're definitely fluttering around in there.

"i missed you jere" i say muffled into his chest

"i missed you too eviebear"