Chapter 16 - tornado

Start from the beginning

"Guys, there's something wrong with Mimi" Exclaims Katara. Sokka and Aang turn around to look at their friend.

"Is she entering some kind of Avatar state?" Asks Sokka while Aang looks at Mizuki confused.

"That's not possible, but something's definitly going on here..." States Aang.

❀❀❀

- Mizuki's POV -

As we approached the swamp, I could feel a huge amount of spiritual energy. For some reason, it felt familiar. And before I knew it, my vision suddenly changed. I saw a huge three, connected to another one. They seemed to keep two worlds together, or apart. I'm not sure which one it is. I saw a humanoid figure wandering around the tree. Before I could figure out who or what the mysterious figure was, the vision stopped. I was sitting on Appa's back, surrounded by my friends, who were looking at me worriedly.

❀❀❀

- Third POV -

"There's something ominous about this place" Gulps Katara nervously as she looks down at the swamp. Suddenly, Mizuki's eyes stop glowing, and she snaps out of a trance.

"Mimi! Are you okay?" Asks Sokka concerned.

"Yeah- I'm fine. You won't believe this, but I just had a vision. I think" Replies Mizuki.

"A what?" Sokka looks at Mizuki in surprise. Momo hides inside Appa's saddle as Appa grunts.

"See, even Appa and Momo don't like it here" Exclaims Sokka, who's desperate to leave the place. Aang entered some sort of trance, Mizuki's eyes started glowing, Appa and Momo don't like this place. There's definitly some kind of magic or spirit stuff going on.

"Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this, bye swamp, Yip, Yip!" Appa groans and flies away from the swamp. However, a tornado suddenly emerges from out of nowhere, heading right for Appa. Sokka, hearing something, turns around and sees it.

"You better throw in an extra 'yip'! We gotta move!" Shouts Sokka as the tornado approaches team Avatar at rapid speed. Appa starts to fly faster, in an attempt to avoid the tornado, but he fails to get away. As the tornado begins to move closer to Appa, the wind pulls Sokka right off from the saddle. Katara manages to grab his hand, holding him back from flying into the tornado. Aang jumps up onto Appa's saddle and creates an air shield around Appa, stabilizing the air and allowing Sokka to fall back into the saddle, uninjured. The wind pulls Appa, who is still protected by the air shield, into the tornado. Aang struggles to maintain the air shield, however as it shrinks, one of Appa's legs slips from the protective air, thereby breaking it. Aang, Mizuki, Katara, and Sokka fall off Appa, with Mizuki landing softly on top of a few vines as the latter three land quite roughly.

"Where's Appa and Momo?" Asks Aang concerned as he looks around. Aang jumps up to the top of the trees, looking for his animal friends as he uses the height to search for them. Mizuki begins to climb down and uses her waterbending to land safely.

"Appa! Momo!" Shouts Aang. Katara glances at brother, and notices a leech on his elbow.

"Sokka, you've got an elbow leech" Points out Katara.

"Where? Where?" Sokka spins around, panicking, trying to find the leech.

"Where do you think?" Replies Katara sarcastically.

"Why do things keep attaching to me?!" Complains Sokka while ripping off the elbow leech and throwing it away.

{flashback}

"I'll go check the area with Katara for any soldiers, you guys stay here" Whispers Aang before walking away with Katara. Mizuki looks at Sokka, and notices a small purple creature attached to his neck.

"Sokka, you have a pentapus on your neck" Mentions Mizuki. Upon hearing this, Sokka immediately tries to remove the pentapus.

"Ahh! It won't let go! Help!" Panics Sokka as he tries to yank the pentapus off.

"Shh! Stop making so much noise. It's just a purple pentapus" Whispers Mizuki as she removes the pentapus by lightly rubbing its head. Sokka rubs the spot where the creature was attached until several guards suddenly approach them.

{end flashback}

Aang swings over the muddied water on a vine, waiting for it to stop moving so he can land.

"You couldn't find them?" Asks Katara as she notices Aang approach them.

"No, and the tornado...it just disappeared" States Aang while jumping down into the muddy water. Just what is going on in this swamp? Visions, tornado's, what's next?

To be continued

Word count: 1.312