Finn sighed, but nodded. Annoying rules, but at least the kids were here. Maybe, if this visit went well, you'd be able to get the kids again.

"How has Esme been?" You asked, wanting to move the conversation so the atmosphere wouldn't become stuffy due to uncomfortable conversation.

"Good," Trevor replied, leaning back into chair, making himself comfortable, "She's due with the baby soon."

"I had a dream about the baby. She'll have a boy, with curly brown hair and blue eyes. Shelby eyes." You replied, making Finn freeze.

This didn't go unnoticed by you, who easily shifted your teacup into your other hand, taking a sip, and with your free hand sitting it just above your husband's knee and rubbing his leg reassuringly.

Trevor nodded, unperturbed as he drunk his own coffee.

"How does it feel? To be married to someone you don't love?" Trevor asked, making Tatiana choke on her tea at the lack of tact her husband had.

You quickly moved around the table to help your cousin, but Trevor just looked between the pair of you, brown eyes unforgiving.

"We don't hate each other anymore, so it's easier." You replied as you stepped back around the table and settled back into your chair, drinking the last of your tea in one go.

"But it was a nasty thing of our families to do." Finn added, taking the first sip of his own.

Trevor smirked, "I wouldn't expect anything from a Gold. Marrying his children off into a diddicoy family."

You squeezed Finn's thigh, a sign for him to stay silent. You knew if you took the bait Trevor would pack up the kids and take them away just as quickly as he brought them here.

"It was only so she didn't end up with the likes of your younger brother," Tatiana shot back gently, reaching up and pinching her husband's ear playfully, making you and Finn's eyebrows rise up.

It was news to him, and to you. But, it made sense. If your father didn't want Bonnie to be successful so badly, then maybe you'd be married to one of the Lees to quell the fighting going on between your families. Or maybe a Fury boy, to tighten alliances. Hell, you swung both ways, maybe your father would send you off with a girl from either families. But, as you sat next to your husband, you were glad that you ended up with him.

You weren't stupid. You knew your dad was going to marry you off someday, like he was trying to do with Ezzie. You were women, expected to go settle down soon. If anything, Ezzie was overdue to settle down. Bonnie and your father were lucky. They were men. They got to do whatever they wanted.

"You've broken his heart, you know," Trevor mused, a smirk playing upon his face, "But, I suppose, with the way you and your husband oh so dearly love each other, I can forgive you."

You chuckled, and internally cheered. You won this round. He saw you and Finn as acquaintances, rather than annoyances for taking away his little cousins. For that, you were thankful.

The kids came back out with their baskets, talking amongst themselves. Finn hurriedly drank the last of his tea and went over to them, grabbing Sophie off of Katie and grabbing a toy out of Sophie's basket, showing it to her.

You watched at how your husband effortlessly interacted with the kids, and wondered; would that be him and your kids one day? Would you have kids one day?

"How's Bonnie's boxing going?" Tatiana asked you, making you look back at her.

"Oh, it's going well. Thomas and Arthur, they're good at promoting him," You answered, sounding far away, and Tatiana kicked your foot under the table, raising her eyebrows.
You were flustered. Six new kids in your house, ones that you only just met. And, to top it all off, you had to make a good impression on them. They were Finn's family. You knew he cared for his nephews and nieces much more than he cared for his brothers and sister, so you had to make a good impression. You didn't want to think about what would happen if they didn't like you.