Part 8

"We have to find that photo"

"I'll go to the hospital"

You looked at Gael with concern, never before had you seen such a determined and dangerous look on his face. When he came to visit you that morning, the first thing you and Julieta did was tell him everything that had happened the night before. Like you, he was surprised because the woman never saw her family photo and it didn't take him more than two seconds to come to the same conclusion as you: that whoever had it knew Julieta.

"Be careful, if they find out we're looking for her-"

"I would turn on the alarms" he interrupted you "...okay, then let's start with Medina"

"Julieta says that she trusts him"

"Julieta was in a bad state, he could have been nice to her just so she wouldn't suspect"

"Julieta is sitting here and she would like to be included in this"

You and your fiancé looked at the woman sitting at the kitchen table, arms crossed and one eyebrow raised. You blushed with embarrassment when you realized that, in fact, you had left aside the person who should be a central axis in all this.

"Sorry, Juli" you two said

"Thank you" she smiled "now, as I told Y/N yesterday, I really believe that Dr. Medina is not behind this, but I understand Gael's point, it is better not to skip links in the chain"

"Very well said, miss" he smiled at her

"Yes, yes, yes, could you leave your flirting for later?" you said frowning "we have important things to do"

The two of them actually had the nerve to laugh, right in your face! The rudeness! You mean, in their defense you could say it was irrational of you to feel jealous of the obviously good friendship they were cultivating, but that didn't mean you liked it when your best friend called your brunette cute names, even if it was in jest.

"I didn't know we were flirting" Gael winked at the older woman

"Neither did I, but I have no objection" she replied, playing along.

"Neither do I, my lady, it is an honor to flirt with you"

"Same here, sir"

"Ash, I hate you both" you said, walking out of the kitchen with their laughter behind you.

"Y/N, come back here, don't get mad" Gael called you "we'll stop joking"

Julieta chuckled as he rolled his eyes fondly and left to go find you, he would probably have to carry you back. If she was honest with herself, she loved these little moments, even though she knew she was being disrespectful by joking with him like that. No matter how well they got along, he was your fiancé and she shouldn't flirt with him, no matter how harmless it was.

But she just couldn't help it. There was something endlessly beautiful in the way your cheeks turned red and the slight pout you made when you got upset, or the way your eyes seemed to look everywhere but at her, you looked like a lovely little girl and she'd do anything to see you like this (as long as it stayed in a harmless game, not really pissing you off).

Perhaps it was very presumptuous of her part, but deep down, she liked to think that she had some kind of effect on you, that perhaps your jealousy was not only for your fiancé but for her. Kind of silly really, but what didn't come out of her mind couldn't hurt, right? Besides, it was obvious that you and Gael got along well and this kind of games were allowed, she was sure that the man would never do anything to hurt you, the love that was reflected in his eyes when he looked at you was proof enough.