Part 1

"You always have to be the perfect one, right? You can do absolutely nothing wrong! And you think that gives you the right to do what you want and have who you want"

"Don't take out your frustrations on me!"

"And who else?! I have always lived in your shadow, little porcelain doll."

"You are behaving like a spoiled child"

"And you are insufferable as always! I wish you weren't my sister-"

"They found us"

__________________________

You hurried to your father's room, your feet moving as fast as possible. Your pulse was racing, your cheeks were stained with tears, and your eyes were lost. You knew you weren't a pretty sight, that Dad wouldn't want to see you like this, but you couldn't help it. He was dying.

You had called Dr. Medina at the time your father's cough had worsened and his breathing had stopped being regular. You weren't stupid, you knew that he was already an old man and that his illness had no cure, but you had hoped to have more time.

You were the only daughter of Don Manuel Y/L/N, owner of the largest vineyard in the area. Your father's wines were almost as famous as your history, and since he did not have an heir, the rumors about a possible sale of the vineyard had been strong, but your father had worked those lands, he had forged his fortune with effort and time, and he wasn't going to give it away just because time was running out. No one had expected you to be born when he and your mother were well into their 50s.

Despite the obvious complications that could arise, you had been born healthy and strong and your mother had recovered quickly from childbirth. She had been loving and patient with you, giving you all of her in every hug or kiss. Unfortunately, she had passed away of natural causes a few years ago and although he didn't say it out loud, you knew your father had never gotten over it.

You became the light in his eyes, the only love he had left in life and that is why he always made sure to give you the best and teach you the paths that he considered correct in life. He was preparing you for this moment.

"Dad?" you whispered, closing the door softly behind you

"Ah, my girl, I was wondering when you would come to visit me" he told you, extending a hand towards you.

It hurt you how much his voice had changed, how frail and weak he looked. He was no longer the titan that always protected you, but you finally saw him as he really was: a mortal man, at the end of the line.

"Sorry" you said "I had things to do with the vineyard"

He smiled at you and tried to squeeze your hand, although if you were honest, it only felt like a light caress. He really was weak and the bony hands you held were nothing like the strong, calloused hands that used to hold yours while you were out for a walk.

"I know that the vineyard will be in good hands" he told you

"I'm just taking care of it until you get well" you said, despite knowing that it might be the last time you spoke to him

"You are my pride, Y/N" he smiled at you "my greatest achievement"

"I had a good example"

The smile on his face didn't go away, but his gaze changed from one of love to a slightly sadder one. He weakly raised a hand to your face and caressed you as he used to when you had nightmares.

"It's been a long time since your mother called me" he told you "And I'm leaving knowing that my life was not in vain, that everything was worth it because I had you as a daughter...my only regret is that you will be alone"