Not a chapter, but a letter

She is sitting on the windowsill, again. She has not wanted to be separated from there, nor to eat or drink more than once a day. I do not know what to do.

You asked me to take care of her, to protect her with my life, and it is a promise that I myself chose to make. For my life, I have done everything in my power to fulfill it, but tell me, godfather, how can I protect her from herself?

She still won't admit it, you know Y/N has always been a stubborn, beautiful, kind, and brave girl, but stubborn. She doesn't want to admit what her heart implores, what for me, who have known her since she was in my godmother's womb, is painfully obvious.

Her soul, prays for that woman.

Her eyes seek her silhouette on her horizon, and her hands tremble with the need to touch her, to feel her. Her feet now only know the way to the bathroom, the bedroom, and the kitchen, walking the path that she walked with her. Her ears are still waiting to hear her voice, in her mind the memory of a distant torment and the sadness of having let go of the promised heaven fight to death. On her lips, there are no longer smiles or songs or friendly words, there is only one name: Julieta.

That woman got stuck in her bones, she needs her, and I know that if I don't intervene soon, if I don't get her to see her again, our little flower will wither. We can't allow that, can we, Don Manuel?

You were always a father to me, you always had advice or a helping hand to give me, you got me back on track when my feet strayed from it. You know as well as I do that that beautiful girl, the one who carries your blood, is more valuable to me than all the gold in the coffers, that I love her with more than my whole being, and that I would do anything to return the smile she lost with your decease.

That is why, if necessary, I will go to the end of the world to find the peace that she needs, I will search under every stone until I unravel the mysteries of that woman who has restored our girl's purpose. And that's why I want to ask your forgiveness, godfather.

Please don't get upset, wherever you are, if I can't keep the third promise I made to you. And it is that I witnessed the moment in which her soul changed, how her eyes, once full of pain, recovered their color and brightness. I saw how her life changed when she found that precious treasure in the forest.

Although maybe you already knew that. Maybe it was you who sent that angel. Perhaps this is your way of continuing to protect your daughter, even beyond life. It is not unreasonable to think so, because we both know that the love this girl awakens in those who have the privilege of truly knowing her crosses the lines of life and death.

Either way, destiny cannot be changed. He doesn't care who we are, where we come from or where we're going. There is no stopping him, and when he has a set course, he will follow it, regardless of promises or feelings. And I feel that Y/N's destiny is written in stone, that there is only one path, one end.

Forgive me godfather, but I don't think I'll be able to keep that last promise. I will take care of her, I will guide her and she will never be alone, she will lack nothing as long as I live, but I cannot call myself the owner of her heart. That title seems that already has an owner.

I don't want you to be mad at her, godfather. She is just a child, despite the nearly three decades she carries behind her. And I know that you were never aware of this, that you left thinking that your little girl was the same innocent seagull that you always knew, that that's where the concern of leaving her alone came from. But it's not like that.

The seagull lost her wings because a vulture fell on her, a ruthless demon that fed on her innocence. He tried to turn off the light that our angel had and...he almost succeeded. She was forced to grow up too fast, at only 14 years old, she suffered a pain that no one should ever feel.

And now, she finally began to shine again. After so many years carrying sadness and despair, fear and pain, the girl found her smile again, the sincere one, the one that is not loaded with lies or appearances. I have seen her teach herself to sing again and for a moment, I saw her try to rise from the ashes, with new wings, stronger and more beautiful.

So please, I ask you not to let her fall again, not to let her be a shadow again. Let me help her find her way to where she truly belongs, into the arms that her heart truly yearns for.

Let your princess be happy with her Julieta.

-Letter from Don Gael Molina to the late Don Manuel Y/L/N. Found in 1975 by his son.